Front End Engineer
ActiveCampaign is one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago revolutionizing marketing automation. Our software allows all of our users, the power to make smarter business decisions based on data-driven analytics.
At ActiveCampaign product is at our core and drives our business, and we’re looking for self-motivated Front-end Engineers who are focused on building high-quality experiences in the browser that are as performant as they are delightful for our customers. Ideally, you have experience writing semantic markup, maintainable styles, working with APIs, and building and testing scalable JS applications. Above all, we value iteration, customer focus, and humility.
We believe front-end development is closely related to design, helping bring life to the product from a visual and interaction layer, and ultimately helping people solve their problems while bringing delight to their everyday lives. We also believe a well executed development process touches every part of the product, from accessibility to conversion, and everywhere in-between.
If you believe the same, we should chat!
What your day could consist of:
- Building beautiful, impactful, and purposeful user experiences without sacrificing quality or performance
- Working cross-functionally with design, engineering and product teams to collaborate on new ideas and brainstorm new user experiences
- Designing and developing libraries and frameworks that power our front-end
- Leveraging data to inform decisions
- Completing projects through from beginning to end
- Helping define the front-end engineering standards for our organization
What is needed:
- Relentless focus on our customer’s experience and attention to detail
- Mastery of HTML and CSS, and skilled in JS
- Understanding of JS frameworks (Angular, React or Vue)
- We use Ember, package managers, yarn, build tools, webpack, SCSS, testing, and other front-end libraries and tools
- Advocacy for building products that are accessible
- Excellent ability to humanize complicated ideas
- Effectively communicate rationale for design and technical decisions
- Ability deliver results on projects with multiple stakeholders
- Flexibility with changing scopes and priorities
- We value iteration and work in a fast-pace industry
We continually invest in our employees and offer comprehensive benefits including 100% coverage of your medical premiums and 50% for dependents, open vacation policy, fully paid maternity and paternity leave, 401k matching, catered lunches every day in a kitchen stocked with snacks and fresh fruit, free CTA or Metra passes, and a DIVVY bike membership (to name a few).
At ActiveCampaign, we are committed to maintaining a culture that is inclusive and diverse. Our colleagues foster an environment that is warm, supportive, and helpful where we treat each other exceptionally well. We are looking to add curious, driven, and creative individuals to our team who are ready to grow with us!
Read Full Job Description