We are fast-paced, forward thinking and driven by data.
We are accelerating the used car industry.
We are looking for creative, talented, hard-working individuals to join us.
Buckle up. It's going to be a great ride.
Based in Chicago, DRIVIN is accelerating the used car industry by bringing data and technology together in a spectacular, first-of-its-kind fashion to help dealers acquire the right cars, at the right price, right now. We are committed to delivering data-driven solutions with a high-touch, personalized level of service to each of our clients.
We are looking for people that will help us create a culture that is exciting, empowering, motivating and challenging. Are you interested in learning more?
We are looking for a highly motivated individual interested in leading development teams to build great products, foster a collaborative, fun culture and, evolve our department’s best practices.
If you’re great at what you do, love mentoring developers, enjoy working with communities of practice and product teams, apply for this job. If you’re just interested in resource management, this position will not be for you.
• Effectively manage a team of approximately 10 software engineers in all aspects of software development and career growth.
• Strong sense of ownership of team’s technical product deliverables.
• Perform HR-related, performance management and interpersonal communication duties.
• Collaborate with product management team and senior technical staff to deliver products and features.
• Work closely with our technical operations groups to identify areas of improvement for the site. Own coordinating issue resolution for production code related issues.
• Coach, guide, and mentor developers through direct conversation and engagement with their teams to raise the bar for excellence in our products.
- Celebrate team successes and address areas of concern in a timely and efficient manner.
• Review product and technical roadmaps to understand staffing and technical needs for the development team.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to interface effectively with all levels of management, which include business and technical teams.
• 5+ years of experience leading development teams and delivering technical solutions.
• Middleware development background, preferably Java.
- Experience managing Mobile development a plus.
• A strong connection to IT social groups and networking groups is a big plus.
• Familiarity with test-driven development and best practices.
• Experience working in an Agile environment strongly preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems (related/commensurate experience acceptable).