ActiveCampaign is one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago revolutionizing marketing automation. Our software allows all of our users, the power to make smarter business decisions based on data-driven analytics.
The engineering manager oversees the holistic functions of a development team with the primary goals of ensuring the team is delivering quality software, working effectively, and there is access to resources needed to succeed. Key success metrics include speed to market, escaped defects, quality and team health.
- Maintain a productive and predictable working environment for development team.
- Work effectively with Product Managers to ensure team focus on the most high valued and priority product initiatives.
- Work closely with team members to ensure best practices and strategic goals are incorporated into development work.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to identify and anticipate changing requirements and opportunities to improve the development environment.
- Define and iterate team process, collaboration, and focuses on overall team velocity with different stakeholders, including product, design, etc.
- Effectively lead and manage team members to include guidance and coaching on career paths for growth, proactive performance management via JIT feedback, 1:1s/quarterly reviews, participation in the selection process for new hires, technical and non-technical guidance to the team, both individually and as a group, including continuous learning and improvement.
- Represent the technology perspective to leadership and aid in the communication between engineers, product managers, designers, leadership, and other stakeholders to include coordinating development projects with other teams and managers, communicating the timeline, scope, risks, and defining the technical roadmap and priorities with stakeholders.
- Stay informed of industry and technical trends, changes and developments to ensure team is always striving for best in class work.
- A minimum of three years of experience managing or leading an engineering team
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong proven leadership abilities and decision-making
- Experience in a high-growth/scaling technical environment
- Experience in a SaaS development environment
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and welfare benefits including no premiums for employees, open vacation plan, generous 401(k) matching, free lunch and endless snacks and beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description