Yello’s talent acquisition software enables companies to humanize the candidate experience by providing unprecedented speed and transparency throughout the candidate journey. Founded in 2008, Yello supports hundreds of organizations globally by serving as a key strategic partner in optimizing recruiting operations and talent relationship management.
In 2017, Yello closed a series C funding round of $31 million and continues to grow quickly. We’re looking to hire people who believe nothing is impossible, love to learn and be curious, can be accountable for success, always enjoy the journey and will own their personality. If this is you, come grow your career with Yello.
About The Role
As an Engineering Manager at Yello, you will be responsible and accountable for all development, delivery, and support of products and features delegated to your team. You will collaborate closely with a variety of talented individuals from Engineering, IT Product, Sales and Marketing to help ensure that we build the right products and features while always focusing on high-quality development and great customer experiences.
You will work with engineering and product leadership to construct the long-term roadmap and quarterly deliverables for areas that your team works on, ensuring that our products continue to meet the needs of our users.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Effectively coach, mentor, influence and inspire the technical and professional development of each team member.
- Grow the team by sourcing and hiring, both externally and internally, the right people.
- Actively communicate the goals and objectives of Yello to ensure the team understands the true impact of their efforts.
- Constantly empower the team to make appropriate and necessary decisions by removing fear, conflict and other impediments.
- Continuously improve the flow of delivery by diagnosing and addressing bottlenecks discovered throughout the entire development process chain.
- Align the team to the agile best practices outlined and followed by the organization.
- Bridge all communication gaps between the team and business to help achieve shared understanding across all groups within the organization.
- Regularly meet with product leadership to assess team goals and priorities.
- Define processes and procedures for effectively escalating issues impacting the team.
- Provide technical support to help the team uncover potential solutions when faced with complex problems.
- Engage with other engineering teams to ensure technical alignment and consistency across the organization.
- Assess potential technical leaders within the team.
What We're Looking For
- You have 4+ years of experience managing a team of 5+ engineers.
- You have 5+ years of experience building software systems.
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- You have experience successfully taking software projects from inception to production.
- You are an active listener with great communication skills.
- You have direct experience building B2B, web-based applications.
- You have experience creating and championing a team's technical strategy and roadmap initiatives.
- You have the ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical teams such as Customer Service and Sales.
- You are comfortable diving into and reviewing code throughout the entire stack.
- You can provide a strong technical vision for systems and infrastructure teams.
- Strong CS fundamentals: algorithms, data structures, design patterns, etc.
- A broad knowledge-base and understanding of technologies such as information security, scalability, performance, resiliency,
- You have a solid grasp on Agile software engineering practices.
We are the trailblazers in our space and we continually strive to learn and grow, but there is always time to celebrate a colleague's birthday or a recent success. We dress casually, have one of the best views in the city and the whole team sports Apple laptops. Our CEO Jason Weingarten and President Dan Bartfield always have their office doors open. And with opportunities for professional advancement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and a 401K match – Yello has you covered.
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Yello reserves the right to assign or reassign the responsibilities and requirements to this job at any time