ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Software Engineering Manager at ShopRunner, you’ll be driving technology and architecture decisions across the organization, while managing a high performing engineering team. We’ll be looking to you to empower engineers to build high quality features at a fast and sustainable cadence.
Some of the enhancements the PLAT team has recently shipped include…
- The addition of ES6 Modules, Linting, Logging, Monitoring, and various forms of test automation.
- Runtime configuration utilizing webpack dynamic imports.
ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage an engineering team practicing Agile software development
- Analyze and evaluate existing technologies in order to plan and lead architectural improvements
- Mentor engineers and own performance management of your team
- Shape the culture of the organization by being a champion of software engineering best practices
- Collaborate with Product Owners to guide product direction
- Coordinate your team’s efforts with other Engineering Managers to organize cross-team dependencies and impact to broader ShopRunner platform initiatives
ABOUT WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 7+ years’ experience as a software engineer; experience being a leader on an agile software engineering team is a plus
- Experience working as a Scrum Master in order to guide an engineering team’s agile practice
- Experience communicating and convincing key stakeholders of technological change
- Expertise on a variety of programming languages, such as Kotlin, Python
- Expertise in key programming concepts like API design, relational mapping frameworks, build tools, deployment, containers, caching, single page applications using React and distributed applications.
- A solid understanding of database concepts and experience writing SQL in a relational database such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience optimizing larger applications to increase speed, scalability, and extensibility.
- Experience scoping out high level engineering and product initiatives in order to facilitate team level planning and prioritization
- Experience breaking down large, complex features in to functionality that can be delivered incrementally in order to provide consistent value as part of a 2 week sprint
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.