Elixir Software Engineer
At its best, local government is a unifying force with the power to dramatically improve lives. Govtech-company CityBase is helping smart people build intelligent government, working with cities, counties, utilities, and states to create a place as dynamic as the people who live in it, work in it, and contribute to it. Accessible and responsive, adaptive and efficient, our cloud-based platform is digitizing the city-hall experience and impacting constituents nationwide.
Interested in joining our team of 60-plus innovators at our Chicago headquarters? Check out our current job listings.
What we’re looking for:
We have an opportunity for a talented, highly collaborative and extremely disciplined Elixir Software Engineer to join our team and help us build the next generation CityBase platform. As part of an agile, highly capable development team, you will work with our product team to define and implement the future of GovTech. Note: this position is the option of remote / or working in our Chicago downtown office.
- Work closely and collaboratively with a small multi disciplined agile team
- Collaborate with 3rd party vendors to Integrate new third-party system features with the CityBase platform
- Develop high quality software using BDD,TDD methodologies
- Meet all scalability, availability, security, and performance goals
- Coach and mentor our junior team members as they tackle even larger problems
- Help make CityBase an emerging leader in GovTech
- 5+ years of software development experience in an Agile environment, utilizing lean/Scrum/XP Programming software development principles.
- 2+ years of experiences in large-scale system integration
- Ability to work remote
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Development leadership experience - demonstrated leadership of software engineering teams.
- Experience with enterprise level, high-availability application development.
- Experience with functional programming languages such as Elixir, Erlang ,Scala, Clojure, F#, etc.
- Experience in Elixir is a huge plus
- Experience in developing clean, well architected code.
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux environments.
- Cloud computing (AWS).
- Continuous integration and deployment such as Jenkins, Circle CI.
- Source Control Management (preferably Git/GitHub).
- Strong database skills preferably experience using PostgreSQL.
- Data (SQL or similar query language) and data constructs (XML, JSON).
- Experience developing/consuming Web Services (REST, SOAP, JSON), ETL jobs and API's (Service-oriented architectures).
- Strong understanding of testing methodologies such as functional, SOA and performance testing.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills