eCommerce Architect, Zoro Tools
In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 250+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,000,000 unique products.
A Zoro Architect is an experienced senior technologist with the ability to work from stated business intent all the way through guiding the technology implementation.
Zoro Architects are comfortable interacting with business leaders, technology leadership, technical implementation teams, customers, and each other.
A Zoro Architect exhibits the highest levels of integrity, ownership, team play, mentoring, and collaboration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Zoro eCommerce Architect is an expert-level specialist in the workflows, components, disciplines, and behaviors of large scale industrial eCommerce systems.
This individual has a strong understanding of how business growth at the $1 Billion+ level drives architectural and buying behavioral change. Strongest preference given to candidates with backgrounds in B2B eCommerce of industrial goods.
They have demonstrated experience in harmonizing existing legacy platforms with a forward looking eCommerce architecture.
They are able to design, and then lead, a migration from the legacy to the new architecture. This position requires the individual to be able to switch between the "big picture" organizational view of their role to the detailed implementation view comfortably and seamlessly.
The Zoro eCommerce Architect has:
- Expert level understanding of enterprise behavior around sourcing, selecting, and purchasing goods for Maintenance, Repair, And Operations (MRO).
- Expert level understanding of the entire industrial eCommerce business cycle from search, select, through order to cash.
- Fluency with multi-modal order creation including interactive/online, pre-negotiated, EDI, and rule/demand based.
- Fluency with multi-modal logistics, order routing, and tracking across multiple suppliers.
- Expert level understanding of designing for multi-supplier, multi-million SKU catalogs including drop-ship or "virtually present" goods.
- Deep expertise in key industrial eCommerce disciplines and the vendor space around them such as:
- Product Information Databases
- Content Management Systems
- Customer Relationship Management Systems
- Merchandising Tools
- Search Engine Optimization
- High Complexity Searching
- Multi-Vendor Marketplaces
- Payment Systems
- Order Routing, Management, And Tracking Systems
- ERP Products And Services
- Senior level understanding of other architectural disciplines such as Front End, Back End, Data, and Microservices.
- MS Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Work experience in industrial eCommerce is highly desired.
- Strong systems thinker with conceptual and structural orientation. Able to "begin with the end in mind".
- Able to articulate the tradeoffs between time, cost, complexity, and quality when making design decisions.
- Strong communicator, able to convey high complexity topics in clear and essential form.
- Natural team player with strong conflict resolution and consensus building skills.
- Comfortable making decisions with incomplete information. Able to work comfortably in constantly changing environment. Designs for future unknowns.
- Demonstrated experience leading high complexity technical initiatives from concept through implementation.
- Familiar with enterprise security and compliance disciplines.
- Able to understand business-driven requirements and translate them into actionable technology initiatives.
- Demonstrated individual contributor experience implementing software and solutions on Linux platforms.
- Working knowledge of git version control and related development workflows.
- Functional understanding of TCP/IP networking, routing, firewalling, and network programming. General understanding of higher level protocols like dns, smtp, ssh, nfs, and http also required.
- Functional understanding of SQL, NoSQL, and Time Series database design.
- Functional understanding of cloud computing platforms and services offered by Google and AWS.
- Functional understanding of IT monitoring, logging, alerting, and general operations.
- Familiar with Linux and applications performance tuning.
- Functional understanding of virtualization from paravirtualization, through docker or other container-based schemes.
- Functional understanding of application integration middleware like Kubrenetes, Kafka, Istio, Mulesoft, Boomi, gRPC/Protobufs, RabbitMQ, and ZeroMQ.
- Strong understanding of operational deployment/orchestration models and tools such as Ansible and Jenkins.
- Familiarity with cloud-hosted microservices architectures.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.