Division Engineering Head
What you’ll be doing:
As a Division Head you will manage several full stack-engineering teams, who create and support the websites, mobile applications, customer tools, and services that power our business. You’ll help lead, drive and deliver software projects for our Decision Management teams, B2B products, and Data Engineering team. You’ll also work with the software engineering leadership team to develop, recommend and deliver department wide initiatives that will be adopted by the entire software engineering team.
- Collaborate with senior leadership, working in an interdisciplinary manner with other departments to develop company and product strategy. Translating that strategy into an executable roadmap that continues to innovate.
- Lead, mentor and manage 4+ teams of Managers, Engineers, and Principals
- Mentor managers and engineers, align teams to overall company goals and initiatives, and influence SE department to align with agile development process
- Anticipate, minimize, and remove any roadblocks that the engineering teams may encounter and identify projects at risk
Perks and Benefits:
- The office is located within walking distance to both Union Station and Ogilvie which makes it easy to commute from within the city or the suburbs.
- Commuter benefits, health care benefits, a 401K matching plan, summer hours, tuition reimbursement, and a sabbatical program.
- Revamped parental leave program (and brand new nursing rooms for our returning mothers!)
What you should have:
- 5+ years as a manager within a product development organization
- 2+ years managing managers, with 30+ indirect reports
- Ability to lead, mentor, teach and coach multiple teams and a variety of experience levels
- Experience working in high velocity environment with teams that architect, develop and maintain large, services and web-based platforms
- Experience driving productivity, quality, and the overall output of multiple engineering teams in an agile environment
- Ability to establish strong personal connections, foster relationships, cultivate and inspire a team
- Ability to attract, hire, and retain Top Talent
Software Engineering Overview:
The Software Engineering Team, one of the largest groups in the company, is responsible and accountable for meeting the demands of our current and future businesses. We help create the “Tech” in FinTech.
We are structured into small full-stack teams, each aligned to specific business lines or core services. Each team is responsible for defining and delivering solutions through smart interactive development. We code in Ruby, Go, Java, and Swift. We use Vue and other JS frameworks for front-end development. However, we welcome engineers from different technical backgrounds and have created a training program to get you up to speed on our tech stack. Baseline is our self-paced training program, which provides a suite of exercises for all new engineering hires to work through during their first few weeks, ensuring they have the knowledge needed to be successful in their role.
Although we are divided into unique teams, our culture of collaboration promotes and encourages engagement across every team and department within the company - no team is a silo. This enables us to align our core values and create strong, best practices.
Enova is a leading provider of online financial services that leverages its advanced technology and analytics to provide access to credit for non-prime consumers and small businesses. Our roots are in Chicago, but we have served nearly 5 million customers through our six businesses in the U.S. and abroad. We pride ourselves on hiring smart and driven people who bring new and innovative ideas to the table. Our mentality is, "Life’s short. Work some place awesome." Ready to join us?