Director of Technology
The Data Technology group is the central nervous system of consolidating, normalizing, calculating and distributing Morningstar’s high-quality data and capabilities around that data for internal and external consumers. The individuals in this group thrive to ensure that we meet Morningstar’s internal and external data needs with high quality, high satisfaction, in a technologically sound manner.
In this role, you will direct multiple squads with diverse functional capabilities to facilitate and implement the new features and data content & calculation requests raised by our collections, research and product teams. You will be responsible for the Data Content available through a many Data APIs & Services, Data Platforms and Databases together which fuels our flagship products delivered to institutional, advisor and individual investors.
You will represent these efforts to Senior Management and be responsible for ensuring that Morningstar can efficiently create, maintain, document and reliably operate on our data-based Intellectual Property. You will also be responsible for reviewing the methodologies created by our research teams and developing a plan for implementation across our data platforms.
Finally, you will champion the creation of methodology and implementation documentation to support a deep knowledge base for global client support teams to investigate issues and answer clients’ questions. The ideal candidate will have a passion of data and software, excellent English communication capability and good understanding of Morningstar data and methodologies.
- Communicate with internal and external clients, client success teams to understand and clarify business requirements.
- Work with Senior Managers to properly prioritize and sequence complex data deliveries thru many different data platforms.
- Ensure that specifications are clear and understandable and properly delivered by the Content teams.
- Collaborate with PM, tech leader, developer, and QA to deliver project according to requirements
- Support existing business and products
- 10+ years Financial/Investment domain experience.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Excellent English communication capability and experience reporting to C-Level Executives.
- Self-motivated, excellent work ethic, strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to learn quickly and work independently.
- Advanced knowledge in data business and methodology of Equity, Fund, and Fixed Income.
- Some knowledge of SQL, excel and statistics will be preferable.
- CFA chart holder or CFA candidate is an asset