Director of Information Security
Founded in 2012 and recently named one of the nation’s fastest-growing private businesses by Inc. Magazine, RedShelf is a Chicago-based EdTech company helping to make education both more affordable and more effective by replacing yesterday’s pricey print publications with today’s more dynamic yet far less expensive digital content. Partnering with more than 400+ publishers and 640+ campuses nationwide, we offer leading-edge digital course materials and a seamless, end-to-end Content Delivery System for effectively distributing those materials.
As the Director of Information Security, you will work closely with the Product Management and Engineering teams to ensure they understand the importance of Information Security and also have the frameworks and tools to do it correctly.
You may be a good fit if:
- You have extensive experience working in IT Security or Information Security, preferably leading a team of other professionals
- You have previously maintained a compliance process for ISO 27001, SOC2, PCI, and/or FERPA
- You have previously worked closely with Engineering teams to guide architectural and process decisions that protect PII or other sensitive information; preferably within a cloud provider such as Amazon Web Services
- You have previously integrated a Security-focused approach into an Agile development process by combining training programs along with process changes
- You have created and/or maintained a comprehensive security testing plan that includes utilizing third-party security service providers
- You have at least one of the following security-focused certifications: CISSP, CISM, or CISA
- You have managed vendor/supplier relationships, including contract negotiation, ongoing maintenance & support and problem-resolution
- You have previously supported B2B sales efforts with Security Review processes
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience leading initiatives on Information Security
- Experience working as an InfoSec Security professional
- Experience working as a Software Engineer or QA Engineer is a plus
Other Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience building, testing, and securing Python web applications
- Experience securing containerized applications
RedShelf prides itself on maintaining an informal but fast-moving, hard-working, entrepreneurial culture. Our team members are smart, innovative, and passionate about improving education through digital technology.
We offer the best of both worlds: the energy and opportunity of a rapidly-growing organization, coupled with the stability of an extensive client base, strong financial backing, and proven track record of success. In addition to a forward-thinking environment with ample opportunity for professional and personal growth, our team members enjoy competitive compensation and benefit packages, including company stock options.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.