PowerReviews creates software that drives traffic, increases sales, and provides actionable insights for more than 1,000 brands and retailers on over 5,000 websites. Our platform serves as an essential resource for consumers throughout their purchase journey. Our syndication network reaches more than 500 million in-market shoppers each month through an unrivaled solution suite. PowerReviews is on a mission to create a smarter path to purchase.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will join a super-talented team of ops-focused engineers that delivers world class cloud-based infrastructure to support our global customer base. Your team will own the cloud infrastructure and design/build automated frameworks for code delivery to test and production environments. This includes planning for growth, analyzing and fixing problems in real time, and designing and implementing secure networks.
Our platform is responsible for gathering, moderating, and publishing of user-generated content for our customers’ websites. Our highest application API volumes exceed 400K requests per minute all while exceeding 99.99% uptime SLA’s.
Our Tech Stack
Our technology stack is constantly evolving and our engineers are always looking to adopt new but relevant trends. We use open source software and AWS almost exclusively.
AWS: DynamoDB, RDS, Redshift, S3, ElastiCache/Redis, EMR, Lambda, CloudFront, SQS, SNS, CloudFormation, ECS/Docker, Elastic Map Reduce
OS/Misc Apps: Linux (mostly Amazon Linux), Alpine Linux, Tomcat, Nginx, ElasticSearch, Docker, Maven
Developer/DevOps tools: Jenkins for CI, Sumologic, Datadog, Ansible, Python, BASH
Frameworks: Spring (Boot, MVC, Security, etc.), React.js
Databases: PostgreSQL, Neo4J Graph Database, ElasticSearch, Snowflake
- Support the PowerReviews production applications, users and clients
- Work closely with Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) and engineering teams to stand up new applications and infrastructure (as code)
- Manage Continuous Integration (CI) processes using Jenkins, Maven, AWS and GCP
- Drive our cloud infrastructure, under the direction of SREs
- Design and launch AWS CloudFormation stacks using BASH and Ansible
- Programmatically manage various AWS services that we use including; DynamoDB, Redshift, SQS, VPC, EC2, S3, EC2, S3, Route53, Cloudfront, Cloudformation, EFS, IAM, API Gateway, Lambda
- Plan and manage the build, test and release frameworks for various technologies
- Manage releases to production, QA and development environments
- Create and implement log storage, monitoring, alerting and metrics gathering
- Participate in 24h on-call rotation supporting and react to production issues
- Understand and uphold Information Security requirements throughout the PowerReviews systems
Requirements and Preferred Skills
- 2 years of experience in systems engineering, DevOps, or systems administration on a high-volume platform
- Advanced Linux engineering skills
- Experience with a majority of the following tools:
- Configuration Management with Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Scripting experience with Python, BASH, or Ruby
- PostgreSQL, BASH scripting, service-oriented architecture, public/private APIs, SSO, Git
- Experience writing automation tools as well as basic debugging of application code.
- Experience with the Amazon Web Services platform
- Ability to communicate clearly and intuitively with all areas of the company regarding technology
- Good documentation instincts and clear writing and diagramming style
- Experience tracking down difficult problems, and writing solid tickets describing those problems, and then affecting fixes for those tickets
- A lifelong learner, not afraid to take on new technologies
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Open office environment and casual dress code
- Unlimited vacation and flexible work from home policies
- Yearly training budget for learning and conferences
- Company lunches provided weekly; snacks always available
- On-tap wine, beer, kombucha, iced coffee, and cold brew
- Rooftop, gym, and office events
- Sports leagues and ping-pong tournaments
PowerReviews is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.