Seismic has built its industry leading Sales Enablement platform on modern, lightweight microservices. With a best-in-class cloud-based SaaS product, we've used open source tools like Terraform, Kubernetes, and Ansible to drive automation of infrastructure as code. As we continue to grow and scale our product we continuously iterate to improve operational best practices for build, release, deployment and reliability.
Our DevOps engineers will play a critical role in the success of our product as we focus to shorten the process of development to delivery. With a solid understanding of software engineering, our team creates tools, scripts and frameworks to drive development best practices. Additionally, they partner closely with development teams to gain adoption of tools and practices through the SDLC.
- Through command line, build, scale, and secure application cloud infrastructure using tools like Terraform, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Build and maintain robust CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins
- Develop automation of configuration management with tools like Ansible
- Maintain existing and future custom application code and configuration
- Work closely with developers during the deployment and testing phases to provide insight into operational, security, and performance considerations
- Advocate and implement industry best practices for configuration management and build/deployment automation
- Act as first responder to triage and analyze abnormalities in system operation
- Create tools that work across operating systems and cloud providers
What you'll need to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years' experience in a DevOps engineering role
- Strong scripting and tools creation in a scripting language like PowerShell, Shell, Bash, or Python
- Solid understanding of the build and release process and continuous integration and delivery
- SQL database development and optimization skills
- Knowledge of networking technology and concepts: TCP/UDP, SSL, HTTP, NAT
- Understanding and passion for developing highly secure and highly available systems
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, etc.
- Previous experience as a software engineer a plus