As an integral member of the MyQ team, the DevOps Engineer will conduct the day-to-day tasks of managing the MyQ service in all environments (production and non-production; on premise and cloud data centers). The role is responsible for system support, administration, governance and operations to ensure best possible Quality of Service (QOS) goals are met or exceeded. Communication and coordination with MyQ stakeholders and the development teams will occur daily.
The position acts as a central information and task execution point for all scrum teams working on the MyQ/Connected Products platforms. System operations in both the company owned on premise data centers and cloud hosted data centers will be undertaken. Coordination with scrum masters, functional leads and managers within the IT, Engineering and Customer Service departments will be ongoing.
DevOps Engineer Qualifications:
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field
- 5 years’ experience in system operations, technical operations or DevOps role for websites and/or mobile applications
- More than 2 years’ experience working with a 24x7x365 service organization
- Experience working to support consumer-facing products and mobile phone applications with a strong engineering and/or IT service level component. Demonstrated success operating a complex system.
- Experience desired of working in inside a matrix organizations, including production support/analyst roles across call centers, marketing, engineering, product development and IT.
- 1 year or more operations experience working on public cloud infrastructure.
- Familiar with both waterfall and agile SLDC methodologies.
- Communications skills for working closely with Project Managers, Product Owners, Technical Leads, Scrum Masters and individual contributors
- Desire some AWS or Azure project and resource administration experience with PaaS and/or IaaS.
- Willing to take ownership of service reliability and operations. Must be ready and available to respond 24x7x365 in cases of service incidents and disruptions
- Willing to “roll up the sleeves” and work with the team to continuously improve Quality Of Service
- Interaction and collaboration with outside 3rd-party IT, staffing and design partners who are providing solutions (software, staff, etc.) to MyQ/Connected Products projects
- Working knowledge of Internet protocols and web server software and communications, including HTTP, TCP, UDP, Web Sockets, Windows Server, IIS.
- Familiarity with security tools and best practices in defending against “bad actors”.
- Fluency with the Atlassian JIRA and Confluence tools for ticket, task, and knowledge management.
- Operator experience with monitoring tools such as Monitis, Pingdom, Nagios, DynaTrace, App Dynamics. Administrator level experience is desired.
- Able to write SQL queries to extract content from database tables. A plus if familiar with NoSQL systems. Will from time to time need to CRUD data records in copies of production databases.
- Understands load balancers and operational issue surround traffic management. Desire a demonstrated ability to manage load balancer pools.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, able to multi-task, able to get the message and needs of operations heard by the technologists, engineering and marketing/ business teams.
- Able to effectively analyze unexpected problems by locating patterns in the data and underlying causes.
- Attention to detail, quality, responsiveness and efficiency.
- Skilled with a CI/CD platforms and tools such as Octopus, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Docker.
- Can write PowerShell scripts and take over script libraries with goal to keep them current/relevant.
- Fluent in MS Office Suite and comfortable working with Google Office tools as well.
DevOps Engineer Overview:
- Lead the daily service operations activities with all Operations team members to ensure that the health and status of MyQ and its integrated components are running and fulfilling end user requests
- Define, manage, and execute operational tests and processes to confirm system health or status using custom tools and 3rd party monitoring applications.
- Collaborate, consult, coordinate task level work with developers or scrum teams on matter of capacity expansion or new feature deployment. Ensure that server and system capacity projections are accurate and prevent any service degradation due to lack of resources
- Responsible for management of existing as well as development of new monitoring frameworks, monitoring dashboards and monitoring data history archive in support of Service Level Agreements and Quality of Service reporting. Deliver the “three nines” uptime by forming collaboration teams aligned to the SLA goal.
- Operates, manages, monitors the cloud hosted components/solutions which complement the corporate data center hosted solutions
- Participate, manage, lead incident response calls ensuring immediate mitigation and then ultimate resolution to the root causes of all service interruptions. Ensures that the operations team documentation and training on incident responses is keep current. Will be part of a rotational support team with 24x7 on call assignment every few weeks.
- Author necessary Root Cause Analysis (RCA) documents after service breaks. Collects RCA documents from other responsible parties for service breaks impacting MyQ/Connected Platforms. Follow up on corrective actions items determined by RCA meetings
- Support the QA Team with defect/ticket research for pre-existing bugs or undesired system behavior
- Communicate with stakeholder and partner teams about planned and unplanned outage events of MyQ
- Perform daily / weekly/ monthly reporting duties as directed by supervisor. Conduct data extractions in support of QOS investigations, RCAs, business opportunities and user communications
- Responsible for all operational documents and communication materials. Develop new and maintain existing process documents
- Participates in meetings and reviews throughout the project lifecycle. Including meetings with our client’s staff to discuss the operational dimensions and requirements of new releases of MyQ/Connected Products.
- Proactively and continuously educates non-technical staff on relevant operational best-practices
- Will direct others in work activities for small task based projects. Will follow guidance from Development team architects on new functionality/features being deployed; ensures relevant server capacity is available for all scheduled feature launches.
Share our immediate openings with your circle of friends, business Associates and family members. We have awesome opportunities.
This DevOps Engineer opportunity offers a competitive base salary and excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match and in-service bonus, and more! We're an organization who values its human capital and provides support to assist its employees succeed.
Chamberlain Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will be considered for this position based upon your experience and education, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry; marital, disabled or veteran status. We are committed to creating and maintaining a workforce environment that is free from any form of discriminations or harassment.