Data Quality Analyst
closerlook’s Data Quality Analyst will be responsible for research and analysis efforts to identify data quality and usability improvements to support closerlook’s Analytics and Warehousing initiatives. This role will apply technical ability across platforms to drive efficiency, quality and data reduction. The Data Quality analyst has a passion for working with data and possess the ability and desire to work with T-SQL within a Microsoft SQL Server environment. This is a key role within our Analytics team that will be involved in cross-competency collaboration to deliver solutions to both our clients and internal teams.
- Handles requests for data that supports reporting and marketing initiatives
- Work closely with the Business Analyst, Data Architects, and Strategists to understand information needs, current designs for data acquisition, derivation, development, and presentation layer data delivery stores
- Monitor existing technical processes to identify active and potential data quality issues
- Triage support issues to determine the appropriate actions for resolution or escalation, and ensure the quality of the result.
- Communicate statuses and updates across teams and appropriately escalate potential issues
- Assist with higher level troubleshooting requests from Technology team members, Analysts, Project Managers, clients or cross team members
- Recommend process improvements across Technology and Analytics offerings to optimize system resources, workflow, and quality; work across teams to implement
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics
- Master's degree in computer science, business or related discipline is a plus.
- 2+ years’ experience with C#.NET on Web or console applications
- 5+ years’ experience with T-SQL, SSIS and SSRS required. Experience with SSAS preferred.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot issues and drive technical initiatives independently
- Ability and willingness to document and provide training to other team members regarding troubleshooting resolution and technical solutions.
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and technologies with minimal guidance.
- Experience in Data Quality
- Experience with C#, Python, Tableau and R is a plus.
- Ability and willingness to convey concepts and solutions to both technical and non-technical team members
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams in issue resolution and process planning
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including process and product documentation
- Experience on technical projects with limited supervision and with strong attention to details
- Ability to learn existing systems without a tremendous amount of guidance
- Concern with the quality of the work and an identification with the work
- An interest in statistics and marketing is a plus
- Prior experience working with “Big Data” is a plus
- Prior experience with CRM and web analytics systems and process is a plus