Cloud Operations Manager
Job Description Summary
The Manager of Cloud Operations will be a distinguished leader to oversee a team of engineers responsible for adoption, transition, and execution of cloud strategy of applications, infrastructure, and platforms. The Manager is also responsible for the stability, performance and disaster recovery of Applications and underlying Infrastructure in production and test environments. The Manager of Cloud Operations will oversee a team of highly technical System administrators and DevOps engineers and work with product development and testing teams to ensure the needs to customers are met. The Manager will be responsible to execution of Operational activities including monitoring, reporting and automation functionalities. This position will be responsible for conducting technical studies and evaluations of business area requirements. The manager will recommend the appropriate cloud technology options to support the software to IT management.
• Manage automation of environment builds, releases, and deployments
• Oversee and manage the design, provisioning, implementation and maintenance of applications and the cloud Platform
• Provide direction, encourage professional development, and motivate the team to achieve success
• Recruit, coach and mentor onsite and remote employees in cloud engineering and DevOps teams.
• Identify and execute opportunities for automation, scale, and business self-service • Participate in Platform maintenance and releases for production and pre-production environment.
• Participate and oversee in disaster recovery and business continuity exercises for recovery procedures of the platform
• Travel (20%) to other corporate office locations for coordination with product development and other teams to build strong relationships.
* 5+ year’s management and people leadership experience in the Service Delivery or IT/Cloud Operations areas.
* Bachelor’s degree in a related field
* Enthusiastic, high-energy individual, self-motivated, people-oriented and self-directed
* Experience debugging and deploying code on cloud based applications
* Ability to design and maintain deployment processes in large environments
* Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
* Strong relationship building skills, proven strong oral and written communication skills.
* Certifications in AWS, including AWS DevOps certification is a plus
Why Choose CCC
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs and Perkspot/employee discount program
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, and flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
CCC Information Services was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago.