Cloud Infrastructure Technical Lead (SRE)
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 95,000 restaurants and over 16.4 million diners across 1,700 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
The Cloud Infrastructure (CI) team is responsible for building the frameworks and platform which all services at Grubhub operate on. This team is made up of Software Engineers and SREs and are at the core of implementing distributed, scalable system foundations and designing for 5 9’s uptime and horizontal scalability. The SREs focus on building reliable distributed systems that are easy to run, maintain and operate. The CI SRE team works across all teams at Grubhub to assist with design and architecture as well as providing guidance on the platform we have built.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Be an owner of our platform. This includes everything from our cloud provider implementation to how we build, deploy and instrument our systems
- Drive improvements and advancements to the platform in areas such as container orchestration, service mesh, request retry strategies
- Build frameworks and tools to empower safe developer lead changes, automate the manual and provide insight into our complex system
- Be a technical leader for the team. Mentor junior engineers as well as peers
You Should Have
- 7+ years experience building and/or running highly-scalable systems
- Deep experience with systems such as Kubernetes and/or Mesos
- Minimum 4+ years building applications in Python, Java, Scala or a similar language
- Deep knowledge of distributed systems; including distributed algorithms, service discovery and consistency models
- Deep understanding of Linux systems
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra
- Exposure to service mesh technologies (Envoy, Linkerd, et cetera)
- Experience with AWS, GCP and/or Azure
- Exceptional communication and troubleshooting skills
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information