Client Solutions Engineer
Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through location intelligence. A community of more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide and Foursquare Swarm apps and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. They have written more than 95 million tips and checked in over 12 billion times. Foursquare powers location data for Snapchat, Apple, Uber, Twitter and 125,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success.
About Our Product:
Foursquare’s location intelligence platform is used by over 100,000 developers including Microsoft, Uber, Samsung & Twitter. We also increasingly power location solutions for marketers and advertisers. Both solo developers and the world’s largest tech enterprises use our suite comprised of a world-class places database (100M+ POIs), location technology, location insights & analytics, real-time feeds & APIs (including snap-to-place), and other products to build precise geo-context to their native experiences, solve specific large-scale business problems & generate new revenue streams.
About This Role:
Foursquare’s Technology Services team is the face of Foursquare. As a Client Solutions Engineer on our Business Development Team, you will work closely with our core product and engineering teams, business development team, as well as partners, to define, launch and scale major features on our platform. You will engage with some of the world’s most cutting-edge and influential technology companies in building new features to integrate into our products.
Location preference: Location can be flexible in any of the following cities: NYC, SF, LA, CHI
- Develop a deep understanding of Foursquare’s developer platform and its underlying implementations of our SDK and API developer products.
- Manage technical relationship with partners
- Gather technical requirements from partners and proactively manage technical expectations for new features in development
- Communicate with our product and engineering teams; help them to understand larger issues we should be solving in our platform
- Troubleshoot partner technical issues in real-time
- Develop sample code, tools, and documentation to help segment scale
- 1-2+ years in software development (including internships), or experience as a Sales Engineer
- Must demonstrate solid, in-depth understanding of API and SDK integration and support
- Experience building applications or services using variety of 3rd parties (AWS, Heroku, Azure, Facebook, Google Cloud, etc)
- Exposure to building out commercial software using at least one of the following languages: Python, PHP, C/C++, Ruby, C# or Java
- Previous experience with SaaS marketing and sales tools, is a plus
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Economics/Statistics, or related field
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Read Full Job Description