Back End Developer
About Us: We are a team based in Chicago. We encourage Open Source contributions, especially with the tools we use. We write solid, easily reproducible, testable code. We don’t release on Fridays.
5thColumn offers company sponsored professional training including bootcamps, courseware, books, and conferences. We offer excellent health, dental and vision insurance.
About You: Ideally, you should have experience in network security, finance, healthcare, or telecomm/networking. More than anything, we want a dev who’s flexible and able to quickly pick up new tech.
- 4+ years of experience in the field
- Background writing in Python
- Background working with Linux
Skills (must have some or all):
- ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- Knowledge of networking concepts (TCP/UDP, basic routing, debugging)
- Experience working with message queues (Kafka preferred, any is fine)
- Experience with Config Management software (Ansible preferred, any is fine)
- Knowledge of security concepts in programming such as OWASP Top 10 or SSL Configuration
Education: A minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or any equivalent education or experience.
When applying, please include a cover letter and salary requirements. Local applicants only.