Associate Software Engineer (Java)
Job Description Summary
The main function of an individual in this position is to develop, create, and modify general computer applications software or specialized utility programs, specifically Oracle Monetization Cloud and BI Publisher. This engineer is responsible for designing software or customizing software for CCC’s use under the direction of the Business Analyst. This individual will be responsible for working closely with Analysts, Architects, and Business Partners for the implementation of Oracle Monetization Cloud.
This individual will play an integral role in the implementation of the Oracle Monetization Cloud Solution for our core business groups. This position will require strong consulting skills, complex solution design, business knowledge and ERP solution expertise to effectively integrate an ERP solution into our application ecosystem
- Ability to conceptualize technical design options, identify the best option and complete the technical design specifications for the specific FRICEW objects based on Requirement
- Develops program logic and achieves business outcomes for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in OMC
- Create, modify and deploy BI Publisher reports on Oracle Cloud.
- Codes, tests, debugs and documents software applications. Analyzes requirements and tests and integrates application components.
- Familiarity with Oracle suggested standards and approach for delivering the Oracle Cloud work product - FRICEW
- Experience on Cloud architecture in specific business area - Financials, SCM etc., as well as technical architecture.
- Analysis and issue resolution capabilities.
- Ability to lead discussions with Business / Functional Consultants to clarify the functional specifications, build technical design requirements and explain the options clearly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job required
- Experience with Java
- Knowledge of WSDL and SOAP
- Must be able to write code to generate web services.
- Must be able to write ISDs
- Experience with data integration standards such as ETL, flat files, RESTful APIs, web services, HTML, JSON and XML
- Experience with Jitterbit or other integration toolkits
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills and advanced active listening skills
- Proficient in the use of web-based document repository applications (e.g., Microsoft SharePoint)
- Previous work experience in a software development company would be ideal. Knowledge on how to manage licenses, and licensing models such as subscription-based and usage
- Previous Insurance Industry experience would be a plus
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!