Application Developer - Sr Consultant 1
Arity is a technology company founded by The Allstate Corporation focused on making transportation safer, smarter and more useful for everyone. We collect and analyze massive amounts of data to help our partners better predict risk and understand how people move. The Arity Platform is built on billions of miles of historical driving data with more than one million active telematics connections and 10+ years of data directly from cars.
The Application Developer creates detailed technical specifications, develops application and system code, participates in code reviews and module testing, and supports ongoing maintenance.
The Application Developer Sr Consultant I develops code for intermediate to complex modules, participates in design reviews, conducts code reviews, creates test plans and participates in testing reviews, and resolves moderate defects. The Sr Consultant I designs, documents, reviews, and maintains components of software solutions for intermediate complex projects.
• Evaluates detailed business, functional, and high-level technical requirements (including recovery, security, and audit)
• Designs detailed technical components with high-level architecture
• Recognizes and understands use of design patterns for intermediate applications
• Applies usability and future state architectures to develop technical components according to design specifications.
• Participates and provides feedback in design reviews
• Develops or confirms detailed project or system change estimates or project plans; calibrates estimating factors for continuous improvements
• Develops code for intermediate modules, following documentation and development standards
• Creates enhanced technical documentation and implement changes
• Acts as a technical expert for junior application developers
• Conducts timely structured code reviews to ensure standards and systems interoperability
• Reviews and critiques team members' code
• Creates accurate test plans, conditions, and data; participate in testing reviews
• Conducts basic levels of module and integration testing according to process standards; tracks and resolves moderate defects
• Assists Quality Control personnel with functional tests
• Creates and executes unit tests
• Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, MIS, or related area, or equivalent work experience
• 3-5+ years of application development experience
• Strong experience with iOS and objective C
• Solid understanding of onboard mobile phone sensors
• Experience with SDK
• Previous experience with GPS, location services, mobile phone accelerometers
Heads up: when you click “apply now” you’ll be directed to the Allstate careers site. You’re still looking at an Arity job, but because we were founded by Allstate, we share the same application system.