Employee Relations Manager
- Provide exceptional customer service to our business units and employees.
- Design and conduct: stay interviews, exit interviews, employee surveys and compile reports.
- Facilitate insight and guidance for people development processes including performance management, annual reviews, training, coaching and mentoring.
- Ensure compliance in all aspects of day-to-day employee relations.
- Create and implement new processes, procedures, and policies.
- Demonstrate and share knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws.
- Maintain accurate data within our systems.
- Source new vendors to innovate our current processes & systems.
- Partner with Business Units to continually evaluate and measure successes on an ongoing basis.
- Partner with the Director of HR to conduct investigations to assess the company’s exposure to potential claims involving terminations, complaints and workplace harassment allegations.
- Partner with leadership and the Director of HR to address employee relations concerns including individual performance plans, corrective action and development plans.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality in dealing with company and employee information.
- Analyze data to create & present reports; performs other related duties as assigned and required.
- Understanding and knowledge of the following: Safety Programs, Workers Compensation Administration, ADA and FMLA Administration
- Must have an innovative, creative and disruptive outlook on the future of HR.
- Unmatched communication skills. You eloquently express exactly what needs to be said, even in tough situations. You can also deliver a compelling presentation and a well-written proposal.
- Passion for people. You want to get to know the 700 + team members in this organization on an individual level.
- Ability to build rapport with multiple stakeholders.
- Proven ability to deal with and resolve confidential, and sometimes complex, situations while providing flexible solutions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with at least four (4) years of progressive HR experience.
- Confidence to speak as the expert in tough situations and ask questions.
- Full understanding of local, state and federal employment laws, policies and procedures.
- Understanding the value of customer service in the HR environment.
- HR certification is a plus.
- Management experience is preferred
- Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now is a plus
- Employee Relations Manager will report to the Director of Human Resources.
- This is a full time, exempt position
- No travel expected
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.