We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our OneMain Technical Operations team in Chicago. You’ll be focused on automation in Amazon Web Services (AWS) as we build and scale our online presence.
What we will want you to do:
- Programmatically create infrastructure in AWS, leveraging Autoscaling Groups, Security Groups, EBS, VPCs with Ansible
- Ensure our systems are highly available and resilient
- Enable our product development team to deliver new code daily through Continuous Integration and Deployment Pipelines
- Protect our customer data with continuous security practices and monitoring
Skills or Experience we want you to have:
- Command line experience with Linux including writing bash scripts
- Understanding of Networking fundamentals
- Programming experience in Python, Ruby, Java or similar
- AWS operations experience
- VPCs, ELBs, Route 53, RDS, Cloudwatch, IAM, EC2, etc
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies through self-learning
Bonus points if you have:
- Configuration Management experience with Ansible or similar (Chef, Puppet, Salt)
- Experience with Version Control Software (Git preferred)
- AWS Certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Developer, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
- Information Security expertise
- Firewalls, IDS, IPS, DDOS, WAF, VPNS, Application Scanning, Penetration Testing, Encryption, regulations (PCI, GLBA, SOX, etc)
- Certifications: CISSP, SANS Certifications
- Continuous Integration setup and administration
- Release Engineering: deployment pipelines; continuous deployment
- Open-source Monitoring experience (Sensu preferred)
- Database administration of PostgreSQL or similar
- Management of growing Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana stack
- Architecting highly-available distributed systems
- Participation in 24/7 on-call rotations for mission critical web systems.
We possess varying talents but share a common goal. The iLoan team is built of incredible talent from a mix of industries and backgrounds. Everybody has a voice. Everybody contributes. The team collaborates and succeeds together.
We’re uniquely positioned for success. Envision a young company with a startup feel but distinct advantages. As part of OneMain, we operate with the financial backing of one of the nation’s largest personal loan lenders. This stability allows us to be agile while further scaling in a growing marketplace.
We strive to make an impact. In less than a year we rebuilt and relaunched OneMain's digital platform while building out the iLoan lending platform from idea to launch. That said, there are a lot of exciting challenges and opportunities ahead. This is just the beginning.
We seek excellence. We’re self-aware, reflective, and learn from our mistakes. Our team is built on strong common sense and logic. We’re not afraid to speak up and make suggestions for improvement.
We encourage continuous learning. Each employee gets an annual learning budget to elevate their skills. Attend a conference. Take a night class. If you find something that will take you to the next level, we will support you.
We’re social. It’s not all work around here. Daily catered lunches serve up the perfect setting to get to know your colleagues. Bi-weekly happy hours tend to spark up a few interesting conversations as well. Simply put - we believe in the power of socializing both on and off the clock.
We take care of our employees. Working late? Have dinner on us and a free ride home on our company account. Prefer a certain keyboard or set of headphones? Tell us and we’ll foot the bill. It’s the little things that count.
We’re iLoan. You know about us, we’d like to know about you. Let’s chat.