We are currently looking for a senior UX/UI Designer, who has a passion for discovering the “why” people do what they do. They will serve as a leader who enjoys consulting and storytelling. Good candidates will have a core competency in UX design, but also has the ability to work on UI in the future. The best candidate will be comfortable wearing both hats, but have UX in their DNA.
- Partner with the UX Practice Lead to grow and develop our user experience practice by doing great work and delivering value to our clients.
- Produce UX deliverables: site maps, wireframes, user personas, user journeys, process flows, copy decks, etc.
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions and conduct stakeholder interviews to elicit business requirements from our clients, addressing product, brand, marketing, content and overall user experience.
- Collaborate in design sessions with the client, creative designers, technical developers, and project managers to generate superb design work and happy clients.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams in support of an Agile development methodology and process.
- Lead and facilitate usability sessions, contextual inquiries, task analysis, analytic reviews and heuristic evaluations.
- Build strong relationships with account management peers, development and other critical partners to establish and deliver on the business and customer requirements that enhance our client’s digital experiences and products.
- Demonstrate solid teamwork and leadership skills.
- Work with other team members to successfully translate business objectives into innovative and best-in-class, customer-centric solutions.
- Create deliverables for workshops or presentations as necessary.
- Help champion usability standards and user experience/human-centered design for the most intuitive and delightful application experience.
- Contribute to the internal development of UX/UI processes, deliverables and standards.
- Stay abreast of innovations in UX best practices, tools and topics of interest to the UI/UX community and help to infuse them back into the organization.
- Contribute to our culture and atmosphere, quality of work and growth into the next generation of user experience design.
- 3-5 years of product design subject matter: UX Design, UX Research, Design Strategy, Content Strategy/IA, Conceptual/Production UI experience
- BS/BA in Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Understands what makes a useful, usable, user- and brand-appropriate digital experience and how to approach designing it
- Experience creating: user flows, personas, wireframes, clickable prototypes, high fidelity comps
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and wireframing tools like: Omnigraffle, Axure or Sketch
- Knowledge of prototyping tools like InVision, Axure, Proto.io
- Mobile design experience: responsive, mobile web, and/or native app experience
- Client facing skills/soft skills, articulating the “why” of their designs
- Collaborate in an environment with some distributed team members and with a multidisciplinary team, conceptual design through implementation
- Must be able to manage their own time and work independently, estimating the time to completion for tasks
- Serve as a Product Design lead on small-to-medium projects with work periodically reviewed by peers and practice leads for quality
Nice to Have:
- Masters in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, or equivalent
- Agile environment experience
- Used Lean UX methodology
- Experience with UX research methodologies: stakeholder interviews, surveys, usability testing, card sorting, tree testing, contextual inquiry
- Subject matter expertise in Print Production, Front End Development, and Google Analytics IQ Certification
Here at HS2, you have the freedom to influence your own career path. We give our team members not only state-of-the-art facilities to execute web and mobile experiences for some of the greatest brands in the world, but people love working here. And we love having them!
- First-rate salary, “Take What You Need” vacation policy, and competitive bonus incentives
- Catered meals and stocked refrigerators to accompany Beer O’Clock Fridays. (Yes, we do have Craft Beer!)
- The opportunity to work side-by-side with smart, passionate team members and to be paired with a Mentor and Career Coach to help you reach your personal and professional development goals!
- Amazing, holiday parties and frequent team activities, get-togethers, shindigs, and powwows, including an annual Hackathon!
- Opportunities to regularly participate in community volunteer events and our charitable contribution program
- Customizable workstations with sophisticated technology. Sit or stand, take your pick!
- An incomparable benefits package for you and your family, including: 401(k) retirement; fully paid premiums for healthcare, long-term disability, and, life insurance; and dental and vision programs
- The option to work in either one of our fresh locations in Wheaton or Chicago-Ravenswood with the option to work some days from home
Surround yourself with a family of team members who enjoy working and playing together!