UX Research Strategist
Browse the Aisles
We are seeking a passionate researcher to join our Experience Design team. You'll help everyone focus on the user. In this role, you will create understanding and empathy around user needs, stated and unstated, for your entire product team including experience designers, product owners, and developers. You will do so by conducting primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of our users through methods like field visits, ethnography work, surveys, usability testing, and data analysis. Your research will help us create useful, usable, and delightful new products and features for people as well as continually innovating on our existing products. You’ll inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering compelling, written, in-person and visual presentations on your findings. This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced team, think holistically about research and change the current grocery landscape. We prefer a “hands-on” approach that involves iterating and executing across multiple workflows.
The Experience Design team has an effective partnership with the product and development teams. We collaborate with developers, product owners, brand clients and other executives throughout the product development lifecycle. The position requires a customer focus, a data-driven approach, and awareness of current practices for mobile and browser UX design. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with ambiguity, passionate about design, and able to act well with minimal direction.
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success- What’s “in store” for the role
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of products and experiences
- Collect and analyze user behavior through field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, server logs and online experiments (A/B testing).
- Apply a mix of quantitative and qualitative user research techniques (for example, user interviews and contextual inquiry) to gain greater empathy for the needs of users
- Collaborate with Experience Designers, Product Owners, Engineers and other key decision makers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations.
- Understanding of user research methodologies, especially usability and task-based assessment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Find good user research participants
The Essentials in Your Cart - The required ingredients
- MS in Cognitive Psychology, HCI, or related discipline
- Experience of the design lifecycle
- A good grasp on the tools of the trade, and the ability to be nimble and resourceful if constraints arise
- Ability to communicate the purpose and need for user-centered methods with diverse audiences
- Ability to travel when needed for field work
- Minimum of 3 years of experience conducting research in the field with users and on a variety of devices/platforms (desktop, smartphone, tablet)
- You are an independent worker, with high attention to details
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
You must be authorized to work in the United States to be eligible for consideration for employment. Peapod is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.