Home Chef is building new ways to navigate the booming meal kit delivery industry. Our team is a unique mix of creators, chefs, entrepreneurs, and trailblazers and we’re growing quickly. Our customer-first mentality, combined with a zest for supporting our peers, helped us bring home Built in Chicago’s Startup of the Year Moxie award in 2017. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
The Product Designer is a valued collaborator with Product, Engineering and other cross-functional teams to provide the best possible ideas and solutions at every stage of the product design lifecycle. This role will assist in planning and overseeing product vision from a high level as well as execute designs at a detailed level for our suite of web and mobile products. The product designer will act as a voice of the customer, the voice of good design and user experience, and a key partner to our Product and Engineering teams.
Qualifications - The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- BS in Design, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Experience designing products with Sketch (preferred) or Adobe CC
- 3 years of UX / Product Design Experience
- Ability to thoughtfully take a feature from idea to production Experience translating user pain points through user personas and empathy maps to offer viable solutions
- Analytical mind with a business acumen
- Experience building advanced wireframes and prototypes for both web and mobile.
- Excellent communication skills
- Completion of a four-year degree program in a related field
- Develop wireframes and task flows based on user needs
- Collaborate interactively with Product Managers to create & test prototypes
- Work with Product Managers / Stakeholders / UX researchers to research & validate ideas
- Define the vision for the evolution of features Work to maintain consistent guidelines/standards within our internal and external apps
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
- Create and communicate design documentation, storyboards, wireframes, mock-ups, design assets, and other deliverables to developers and users
Perks and Benefits:
- Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first
- Direct access to senior management – our leadership team works alongside our team members every day
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off (PTO) policy
- 401k program
- Flexible spending accounts for qualified medical, dependent care, parking, or transit expenses
- Free water taxi, discounted gym membership, and daily bike storage for Wrigley building employees
- Cold brew coffee on tap at no charge
- Employee discounts for Home Chef meal kits
- Free lunch every Friday and snacks and beverages on hand every day
- Casual dress
Home Chef is an equal employment opportunity employer