UX Designer - Chicago, Illinois
FTD Companies, we continually evolve the business by promoting a culture where solutions from the technology group help transform our business through customer-meaningful solutions, innovative technologies, and business-impacting projects.
This highly crucial UX Designer position will take a leading role in craft intuitive, beautiful and functional experiences within our multi-brand $1B+ E-Commerce company. We're actively searching for top-level designers to join newly built teams at FTD Companies who will be tasked with building an entirely new state-of-the-art platform and architecture from scratch.
What you Will Contribute:
This UX Designer would participate in and help facilitate product design brainstorming and work sessions. You would be crafting visual materials as well as designing user interfaces within the structure of existing Web properties. You will be working with the Site optimization team to interpret test results, incorporate results into design efforts to find opportunities for user research.
- You get the opportunity to tackle complex interaction design issues.
- You'll participate in peer design reviews, willingness to give and receive constructive feedback. Contribute to friendly and open design culture.
- You will partake in visual design, including composition, layout information hierarchy, typography, and color.
- You are going to be gauging the usability of new and existing products, and making constructive suggestions for change.
- You create design documentation that effectively communicates interactions and the flow of the experience to multi-disciplinary team members
What we seek:
Is a phenomenal Designer with the ability and interest in working on a broad range of different projects and technologies who loves to sketch, produce storyboards, flow diagrams, and other artifacts required to develop and evolve user experience designs. These are what we are looking for;
- We look for you to have 5+ years (education) or equivalent UX design experience in product, company or agency.
- You are proven in working with Adobe Creative Suite.
- You're experienced with other UX Design software a plus (Omnigraffle, Invision, etc) and hand coding front-end markup (HTML, CSS) a plus.
- You have the ability to rapid prototype (from paper prototyping to interactive prototypes) a plus.
- You're experienced working in and/or basic understanding of a customer-facing business
- Do you exhibit the skill to think strategically as well as execute on your ideas?
- Is excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills something you have mastered?
- Do you possess the capacity to work well in a team environment?
- Are you experienced in an E-Commerce environment preferred?
What we offer:
A UX Designer opportunity to be a part of a team that builds and evolves high performance, scalable order processing systems handling large transactional volumes. We encourage and welcome out of the box ideas in all areas like artificial intelligence, data processing, and information retrieval, voice capabilities, automation, computer vision, and other ideas welcome. We greatly enjoy all the benefits of working for a digital E-Commerce Company (flexible hours, a healthy vacation plan, summer hours) in a relaxed work environment.
We strongly embrace the definition of a "flat" organization where you will spend time with business leaders, managers, developers, product management and executive leadership. There are job opportunities, and then there are career opportunities... Let us provide you with a career where you look forward to Mondays. Careers that have a positive impact and offer you a future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base.