The product design team at ParkWhiz is a multi-disciplinary team consisting of researchers, problem solvers, visual designers, copywriters, and lifelong learners. We’re making impacts on the travel industry through our consumer-facing products and partnerships with global brands. Designers at ParkWhiz strive to discover what’s best for our users, create a culture of user empathy, validate ideas, and connect the right efforts for maximum impact. At ParkWhiz, design is woven into every aspect of our service.
We are looking to add a User Experience Designer to our growing Product Development team. A User Experience Designer at ParkWhiz will work directly with other UX designers, researchers, interaction designers, product managers, and developers. Since design plays a role in every stage of development within our business, we’re specifically looking for a UXer who is willing to help facilitate research, concept until the problem is solved, and work with visual designers to see your vision through development.
What we're looking for
- A digital portfolio that demonstrates conceptual thinking, dynamic user experiences, a data-driven mindset and a knack for integrated mobile-first designs
- Experience building native applications, as well as responsive web design
- Experience creating wireframes, user flows, site maps
- Ability to perform user research including moderated and unmoderated usability testing
- Experience working with prototyping and design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Axure, Marvel
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, social sciences, Interaction Design or related discipline is a plus
- 3-5 years of internal product experience on an agile product and development team
What you'll do in a day
- Ideate and concept solutions, putting insights from research and data into action
- Communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences and interaction needs
- Evaluate purchase funnels with the goal of optimizing conversion
- Create deliverables to share concepts and designs to stakeholders in iterative phases
- Implement user research initiatives and share results to create empathy for users and explain design decisions
- Partner with product managers, designers, and engineers to oversee and refine the user experience of our products
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions in collaboration with the product team
Our guiding principles
- We practice humility
- We set ourselves to higher standards
- Collaboration is key
- Users rule all. We make decisions based on research and data
- We’re always concepting. We iterate on everything we do
- We’re open to feedback
- We treat failure as an opportunity to learn and grow
The ParkWhiz mission is to bring smiles to drivers around the world by making parking more convenient, efficient, and delightful. We seek to remove friction for our users and to become integrated into the daily life of drivers across the country.
The ParkWhiz Product Team consists of user advocates, collaborators and innovative thinkers. We strive to create products people love using, we test and iterate on our ideas. We have a firm, non-negotiable no jerk policy. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.