UX Designer for Health Tech Startup
CancerIQ is a venture-backed digital health company that uses predictive analytics to help doctors understand their patient's risk of getting cancer and dying from cancer. By making it faster and cheaper for providers to order cancer genetic testing and interpret results, we improve patient access to life-saving services that can preempt or prevent this devastating disease. We market our solutions nationwide to cancer centers, breast centers and genetics practices, and have grown 30x since emerging from private beta in Spring 2016.
How do you fit in?
CancerIQ is looking for creative minds that are hungry for innovation, want to solve problems, create intuitive software, and change the face of healthcare. We are looking for designers that are able to understand the problems and workflows in healthcare technology, and design solutions that enable clinicians to operate most efficiently in the realm of preventative cancer care.
As a user-experience (UX) designer you should be able to understand our business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. The UX designer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience for clinicians and patients, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing. Any experience in healthcare is desired.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Collaborate with customer success, business, and engineering to define and implement solutions for the product direction
- Establish and enforce design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Work cross functionally with development, sales and client strategy to present designs throughout product design lifecycle
What are we looking for?
We're looking for someone who loves all things interaction and design, is methodological with research, and is excited to work with customers and make a huge impact on cancer prevention. CancerIQ is a web-based platform in healthcare, so familiarity with web design, frameworks and libraries, responsive design, as well as clinician workflows, are important for this role.
- Bachelors’ degree; preferably in a UI/UX or relevant design program
- 3+ years of experience in a UI/UX role working with mobile and web applications
- Working knowledge of key design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Axure, etc.)
- Experience creating wireframes, user flows, visual design assets, and interactive prototypes/high fidelity mockups
- Ability to communicate design ideas cross functionally
- Familiarity with design sprints and the agile methodology
- Bonus points if you have a working knowledge of EMRs such as Epic, Cerner, Athena, and GE Centricity
- Self-motivated learning
- Strong communications skills such as empathy, listening, and conflict resolution
- A good sense of humor
- Passion for healthcare
- Working with a fun, young team of professionals
- Health insurance, commuter benefits, other work perks
- Laid back work environment, conveniently located near the Northwestern medical campus
- Unlimited free coffee and beer