User Experience Leader
Job Description Summary
We are looking for an individual who can come in and help drive an overall shift in how Software development is done. Quite often UX is an afterthought at most companies and we are looking for someone who has proven experience in making it one of the key pieces of the conversation from the first conversation with our clients. We realize this type of change has many challenging aspects, it is not only ensuring you have a seat at the table as a part of the initial conversations but also educating Developers, Product Managers, Project Managers on the importance of thinking around UX throughout the entire SDLC.
All of this sounds great but what type of support does this person have? To ensure this person is successful, this individual will be reporting up to the SVP who leads our Product Management and Product Strategy and who happens to share the same vision and need.
This person will be defining our overall design strategy as well as process for our user experience teams. We are looking to keep our software cutting edge and we want someone who is current on UI/UX design trends and programming techniques, so we can introduce new tools and methods as necessary.
- Build out an overall Design Lab that is entirely focused on improving the overall experience for our users from a desktop as well as mobile perspective.
- Work with Senior Leadership to help gain buy-in around the need for moving UX into the beginning part of the SDLC
- Start out with driving 2-3 product innovations and start to build out a larger product suite with a consistent UX experience that not only feels easy to navigate but also identifies ways that we can make our clients happier
- Collaborate closely with product managers and development to take projects from early business requirements to rapidly create and validate a product visions
- Understands the Software industry and has proven experience driving this type of adoption and change
- Defend design choices using previous user research, heuristics and usability standards
- Lobby for and plan validation activities to ensure a delightful user experience
- Work closely with Design Researchers to understand stakeholders, users and the markets in which they operate
- Work closely with Designers and developers to ensure intended experiences are carried through
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize real user feedback into designs
- Demonstrated ability to create click through prototypes to test and validate working hypothesis with users.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience
- At least 12 years of total experience in the User Experience field
- An individual who has been able to build out an internal cultural transformation
- Experience designing and standing up a UX Lab for a Software Company
- experience in Agile, Scrum and Lean approaches.
- At least 5 years of experience in working in a collaborative team and directly with developers implementing designs.
- At least 2 years of experience in producing accessible designs.
- Readiness to travel 20% annually
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!