RedShelf is a product-focused, education company that prides itself on having a fun and collaborative environment. Our team is passionate, growth-driven, and always goes the extra mile to deliver the best experience to our users. We offer the excitement and opportunity of a young, fast-growing start-up but with a proven track record of success.
Our UI/UX Designer will work closely with product managers and developers and will be focused on research, strategy, prototyping, and user testing for a web-based education platform.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Simplify complex content and ideas into functional, usable interfaces
- Ensure existing UI guidelines and standards are followed during the development and maintenance of the product
- Ability to quickly prototype clear, usable designs
- Create and Translate low fidelity wireframes/UX prototypes into effective and appealing interfaces
- Proactively recognize UX/UI gaps in design and propose solutions
- Conduct and/or participate in product usability tests with users
- Participating in research and user strategy for a growing education platform
- 3+ years of experience in UX design and/or user interface design preferably with a bachelor’s degree in graphic design, human-computer interaction, or a similar technical field
- Detailed understanding of best practices in product design
- Ability to leverage new technology, find unexpected ideas, and push the boundaries in solving UX problems with continued innovation
- Demonstrated understanding of designing across platforms/devices
- Demonstrated skills creating process flows, sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes, and other UX deliverables
- Experience with design tools (Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.) and prototyping tools (InVision, Axure, etc.)
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities and deadlines while being adaptable to the changing needs of the business
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Current trends for UX/UI design and data visualization
- Agile and/or Scrum development methods
- Conducting or managing usability tests to validate design
- Managing style guides and pattern libraries for large, complex projects
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Knowledge and appreciation of the advances in higher educational software, course materials, and digital publishing is a plus
- Background and/or experience in educational technology and/or publishing
- Comfort and/or experience in a startup environment
- Ideal candidate is self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and possesses high energy and a passion for RedShelf
Since inception, RedShelf has undergone tremendous growth by providing the learning community with the cutting-edge technology to transform education for future generations. Our goal is to make course materials affordable and improve student interaction with their course content. We partner with 600+ education institutions and 1200+ higher education publishers to deliver a better, more affordable experience to students using our studying platform.
On top of our competitive compensation package that includes company stock options, we offer an engaging office culture with frequent onsite and offsite events including intramural sports teams, happy hours, volunteer work, and more.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.