UI/UX Design Manager
Snapsheet is looking for a UI/UX Design Manager to join our growing team!
As the UI/UX Design Manager, you will help drive Snapsheet’s enterprise product roadmap and shape the look and feel of our product suite while working across teams and business verticals to align the strategy of the organization with the needs of our B2B customers.
In this player-coach role, our UI/UX Design Manager is responsible for leading and growing the design team. You see the value in developing and engaging direct reports, you are open to and encourage change, and your strong leadership skills enable your team to execute at a high level.
You measure success as a UI/UX Design Manager on your ability to both partner internally with the organization as well as serve as an advocate for our clients. You champion the needs of the customer to find balance and influence the company’s business and product decisions.
In coordination with the tech team, the UI/UX Design Manager defines what a good experience is and guides all parts of the business to deliver products and experiences that address the needs of our customers.
- Act as a liaison between our customers and the organization
- Support the needs of our customers, understand the users of our digital products, and drive the company’s business objectives & strategy forward
- Translate customers’ needs and collaborate across business verticles to define and develop a strategic plan that delivers continuous improvements to the user experience
- Partner and constantly realign with development and product teams to move quickly together throughout the design process efficiently
- Manage, mentor and develop the design team and oversee their day-to-day functions
- Encourage new ideas while refining the purpose and voice of the design team
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, standards and KPIs
- Optimize internal processes and allocate resources to meet project timelines
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user integrity to complex design roadblocks
- Help mold the Snapsheet design components that will be used and repurposed on a frequent basis
- Coordinate the development and refinement of the Snapsheet brand across all touchpoints
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 8-10 years of professional experience or proven ability to succeed in a higher-level design position
- Design experience at B2B organization or with enterprise software
- Proficiency or working knowledge of Sketch, Abstract, Axure, Invision and the Creative Adobe Suite
- Experience guiding, coaching and training a team of designers as the primary lead
- Ability to adapt and scale with our product offerings
- Able to solicit, formulate and influence the selection of solution alternatives that meet business objectives
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills to convey business requirements and technical needs in a clear, concise and effective manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with business and technical team members
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques and technologies
- Team player mentality
- Comfortable with ambiguity and adapting to an ever-changing environment
- Open to learning new things, excited about different ideas and unphased by a setback
- Thrives in a culture of curiosity, collaboration, and continuous change
Snapsheet is an equal opportunity employer.