At its best, local government is a unifying force with the power to dramatically improve lives. Govtech-company CityBase is helping smart people build intelligent government, working with cities, counties, utilities, and states to create a place as dynamic as the people who live in it, work in it, and contribute to it. Accessible and responsive, adaptive and efficient, our cloud-based platform is digitizing the city-hall experience and impacting constituents nationwide.
Interested in joining our team of 60-plus innovators at our Chicago headquarters? Check out our current job listings.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a designer that work with our clients to ensure visual design enhances the overall user experience of our products. You’ll work with our team to imagine the future of GovTech and improve the ways citizens interact with government.
- Project Discovery: Collaborate with the client engagement team and clients to frame problems and articulate potential solutions
- User Interface (UI) Design: Design visually consistent and accessible interfaces for a variety of contexts
- Prototyping: Use a variety of tools to test product ideas and communicate your ideas, both internally and externally
- User Testing: Constantly refine, validate and assess the usability of your designs across a broad user base
- Interaction Design: Create and articulate conceptual models, task flows and control layouts used to manipulate those concepts.
- Visual Design: Utilize composition, typography, color, and images to create meaningful, branded experiences
- 3-5 years of experience working as a UX, UI, or visual designer
- Comfortable using a variety of modern tools for prototyping, user testing and design
- Experience translating client feedback into actionable priorities
- Designing within existing UX and brand guidelines and know when stretch them
- Passionate about digital experiences
- Appreciate and are excited to contribute to a humane, mutually respectful work environment.
- Take deep pride in your work, but can make peace with shipping something "good enough"
- Excellent communication skills, in writing and in person
- Understand the technical constraints of the Web, and can effectively collaborate with developers to ship your work
- Independent and thrive in a startup and low-touch management environment