Staff (Lead) UX Designer
This position reports to: Senior Manager of UX Design
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
With us you will be known for
- Independently leading and driving several large-scale design projects
- Planning and managing design projects that align to overall product strategy
- Integrating the work of fellow designers into your own to create a seamless overall experience
- Constantly communicating and collaborating with cross-department stakeholders
- Delivering thoughtful and detailed design work that is:
- Grounded in solid research and validation
- Polished with little need for cleanup
- Easily used by engineering to build great product
- Pushing the envelope to achieve game changing results
- Being a valued mentor to less experienced designers
- Establishing best practice methods for the general design team
You will focus on
- Promoting, defining, and conducting or coordinating user research to truly understand our customers and users’ goals and needs.
- Engaging with product teams at a strategic level to frame out what we need to build and how to get there.
- Planning and executing design validation research with customers and usability testing designs.
- Creating end-to-end detailed designs as a series of experience maps, storyboards, wireframes, and interactive prototypes.
- Coordinating the work of multiple designers responsible for crafting more granular experiences and weave them into a seamless end-to-end experience.
What you bring
- At least 8 years’ experience in UX or interaction design with heavy emphasis on solid human centered design methods
- An inspiring portfolio showing us how you have researched and crafted great experiences, seeing them through to released product
- Experience working in complex, technical environments
- Ability to understand and distill complex problems into elegant, intuitive solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master's preferred) in interaction design, cognitive science, visual design, game design, cognitive psychology, sociology, or related disciplines
- Expert with Sketch, Adobe XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, or other design tools
- Ability to create interactive high-fidelity prototypes in Axure, Keynote, Framer, Principle or similar tools
- Ability to promote and champion your design solutions based on reason, research, and data
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and problem-solving skills to effectively work with multi-functional and multi-disciplined teams
- Obsessed with the relentless pursuit of UX perfection working inside an iterative and agile development environment
- Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision in a fluid, fast-paced, and agile environment
- High level of initiative, good sense of humor, and a “make it work” ethos
- Experience defining or working within a robust design system
- Experience working in a startup or in a lean startup framework
- Design thinking workshop facilitation experience
- Public speaking and presentation skills
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.