Sr. UX Visual Designer
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
The Sr. UX Visual Designer role will work closely with Corporate Communications to understand the usage and positioning of the Grainger Brand and adopt major guidelines and standards. This role will partner in user research studies and the evaluation of user feedback to create polished mockups that demonstrate proper style guide execution. The Sr. UX Visual Designer role is responsible for the creation and maintenance of Grainger's visual design, style guides and pattern libraries for all external and internal Grainger applications.
- Establish/enhance the visual design style and design guidelines for the online experience, including rich media and new features and functionality
- Develop visual compositions for web screens including the development of low and high resolution compositions for new features and functionality
- Collaborate in the user requirement gathering process to create appropriate project documentation as it relates to visual design of the user experience
- Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, data, customer feedback, user research and technical constraints/opportunities
- Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and relevant executives for review, discussion and feedback
- Enhance the team knowledge of best design practices and trends in digital and brand design
- Help identify and communicate style guide concepts and guidelines to the team
- Work with FED to ensure that UI patterns are accessible through common component library in order to ensure UI consistency
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Arts, Visual Communication, Product Design or related field
- 5+ years of experience in web design, design layout and web productions
- Experience in visual communication, page layout, image manipulation, and usability principles
- Experienced in software development processes
- Knowledge of HTML and the ability to incorporate usability principles to achieve a strong user-centered design
- Demonstrated success in using web analytics data to inform design decisions
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.