Sr UI Designer
Senior UI Designer
The Senior UI Designer will have the exciting opportunity to join a new team tasked with building out an entire new platform utilizing new architecture for a multi-brand $1B+ ecommerce company. The role is one without politics or hierarchy and is perfect for someone who wants to implement changes that have a significant and wide-reaching impact on the company as a whole. The new team will work together to advance new, innovative ideas and solutions forward at a quick pace in a fresh and modern agile working model enabled by this group from day one.
The Senior UI Designer will work alongside UX, Product Managers, and to lead the way for the entire company to change its culture both internally and externally to their employees and customers as they strive to own the worldwide floral market, while transitioning technology to the forefront of their business revolution.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in agile teams, with developers, UX designers and copywriters. You will be able to make deliberate design decisions and to translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction. As a core part of our Product team, our designers are involved in every aspect of the design process, from brainstorming and sketching to high-fidelity compositions and robust prototypes.
- Work with multiple cross-functional agile teams, including product managers, business analysts, UX designers, UX researchers and front-end and back-end developers to produce effective and delightful interactive experiences through advanced knowledge of HCI principles and visual design
- Create static sketches, wireframes, visuals and interactive prototypes
- Maintain and optimize our interaction and visual design patterns
- Interpret quantitative and qualitative behavioral data and competitive analysis for insights into provable and viable design solutions
- Offer multiple solutions to problems and make design solution tradeoff recommendations between business goals, technical complexities, and customer needs
- Challenge constraints with new approaches, insights or techniques
- 5+ years of professional experience with design and development of interactive software interfaces
- Advanced proficiency in user-centered, usability, and interaction design principles
- Advanced application of web standards, progressive enhancement, dynamic content retrieval, and responsive/adaptive design techniques
- Advanced proficiency in typography, layout and composition, information architecture, color theory, fluid grid systems, photography, and animation and transitions
- Strong communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate design rationale
- Experience with Sketch, inVision, & Adobe
Nice to Haves:
- Axure, HTM5 / CSS
What we offer:
- Exciting opportunity to be a part of a team that builds and evolves high performance, scalable order processing systems handling large transactional volumes: processing more than 50,000 orders a day, close to 5 million payment transactions a week; handling more than 1.5 million customer notifications in a day etc.
- We encourage and welcome out of the box ideas in all areas like artificial intelligence, data processing and information retrieval, voice capabilities, automation, computer vision, etc.
- Enjoy all the benefits of working for a publicly traded company (stock purchase plan, flexible hours and a healthy vacation plan).
- A relaxed work environment (shorts and sandals always welcome, onsite gym with classes).
- An annual bonus up to 10% of your base salary.
- The blending of cultures across multiple cities and 3 continents where you can be part of helping shape our future.
- Lines of business and a technology organization ready to embrace your role and the business value it brings.
- A "flat" organization where you will spend time with business leaders, managers, developers, product management and executive leadership.
- Career opportunities! Those that have positive impact, with a positive approach, have a very bright future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base.