Sr UI Designer, Zoro
Sr. User Interface Designer, Zoro.com
ZORO is creating innovative digital solutions that are transforming the MRO Industry. We are looking for passionate, driven people who want to join a design team who bases their decisions on research.
About the Role:
The Sr. User Interface Designer at Zoro will lead efforts to apply user-centered design methods to translate user needs, business objectives, and technology capabilities into an online user experience on Zoro.com. The ideal candidate has worked on the creation or maintenance of a living design system, and has a firm understanding of best practice while designing for content within a CMS. They will lead the collaboration with front-end developers, the members of the user experience team, project managers, stakeholders, and quality assurance and should be ready to create, present, and defend a modern and cutting-edge online retail experience. They will be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and have respect for consistency, but most of all, will absolutely love solving problems through design.
- Lead the creation and evolution of a unique look and feel for Zoro.com that supports our brand identity, and create a ground-breaking online retail experience in the MRO space.
- Design refined layouts, graphical elements, and high fidelity prototypes from wireframes and product specifications without requiring a high level of review.
- Lead the design of highly complex requests and assist those working on less complex requests.
- Contribute to and maintain a component-based design system.
- Mentor junior level designers by providing guidance and creative direction.
- Maintain the current style guide and identify new or updated elements that will be included in future guides.
- Work closely with stakeholders from User Experience, Search, Merchandising, Development, and Brand Marketing teams to support improvements and initiatives.
- Confidently present your work or the work of your team to internal and external stakeholders.
- Partner with the Quality Assurance group and be responsible for user acceptance testing of any new features/design changes on Zoro.com.
- Give and receive constructive criticism and critique with a focus on improving quality.
- Research and share industry trends, competitors, and comparable experiences.
- Manage time wisely across projects and competing priorities, meet agreed upon deadlines, and be accountable for work.
Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Web Design, or related field is preferred or equivalent professional experience.
- 7+ years directly related, professional web design experience, especially for responsive and mobile Ecommerce websites
- Expert knowledge of industry standard prototyping tools like Axure, InVision or similar
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Experience creating, designing for and maintaining design systems, CMS component-based design, atomic design, and/or living style guides
- Experience with delivering designs in an agile environment
- Experience using JIRA or other issue ticketing systems
- Excellent visual design skills
- Experience with A/B testing implementation
- Results driven and able to meet multiple deadlines
- An eye for detail, a passion for consistency, and excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with SEO is a plus
**Please provide a portfolio link or work samples to be considered for this position**