Senior UX Designer
Senior UX Designer - Chicago, Illinois
FTD Companies, we continually evolve the business by promoting a culture where solutions from the technology group help transform our business through customer-meaningful solutions, innovative technologies, and business-impacting projects.
This highly crucial Senior UX Designer position will take a leading role in craft intuitive, beautiful and functional experiences within our multi-brand $1B+ E-Commerce company. We're actively searching for top-level designers to join newly built teams at FTD Companies who will be tasked with building an entirely new state-of-the-art platform and architecture from scratch.
What you Will Contribute:
This Senior UX designer would participate in and help facilitate UX design brainstorming and work sessions. You would be creating visual materials as well as designing user interfaces within the structure of existing Web properties. You will be working with the Site optimization team to interpret test results, incorporate results into design efforts to find opportunities for user research.
- You possess the capacity to collaborate with business partners and Product Owners to refine design requirements
- You participate in peer design reviews, willingness to give and receive constructive feedback. Contribute to a friendly and open design culture
- You create, refine and validate comprehensive UX user flows for complex, business-critical interactions.
- You design user interaction models, workflows and user interfaces
- Visual design, including composition, layout, information hierarchy, typography, and color.
- You'll have the ability to tackle complex UX and interaction design issues.
- You get to translate usability and field research findings into design improvements;
- You are going to gauge the usability of new and existing products, and making constructive suggestions for change
- You demonstrate experience and a working understanding of how to apply user research data.
- We embrace effectively sharing our point of view and expertise with project team members.
- You will display breadth, creativity and proven experience in telling stories, building UI models, generating detailed wireframes, developing comprehensive specifications.
- You are extensively prototyping: from paper prototyping to interactive prototypes and creating and maintaining a pattern library of web styles, artifacts, and components.
What we seek:
Is a phenomenal Designer with the ability and interest in working on a broad range of different projects and technologies who loves to sketch, produce storyboards, flow diagrams, and other artifacts required to develop and evolve user experience designs. These are what we are looking for;
- We require 8+ years (education) or equivalent UX design experience in product, company or agency with a BA/BS in design or related field
- You have proven experience working with Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, prototyping tools such as InVision or Axure
- Experience hand-coding front-end markup (HTML, CSS, Java) a plus
- Experience working in and/or basic understanding of a customer-facing business
- You'll be well versed in UX principles, design systems, prototyping, research, Interaction Design, and UI patterns.
- Are you able to think strategically as well as execute?
- Are you familiar with Agile/Scrum methodology and experience with responsive design and IOS and Android interface design?
- Are you experienced in an E-Commerce environment?
- Do you have a deep understanding of UI architecture and user flows?
What we offer:
A Senior UX Designer opportunity to be a part of a team that builds and evolves high performance, scalable order processing systems handling large transactional volumes. We encourage and welcome out of the box ideas in all areas like artificial intelligence, data processing, and information retrieval, voice capabilities, automation, computer vision, and other ideas welcome. We greatly enjoy all the benefits of working for a digital E-Commerce Company (flexible hours, a healthy vacation plan, summer hours) in a relaxed work environment.
We strongly embrace the definition of a "flat" organization where you will spend time with business leaders, managers, developers, product management and executive leadership. There are job opportunities, and then there are career opportunities... Let us provide you with a career where you look forward to Mondays. Careers that have a positive impact and offer you a future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base.