Senior UX Designer
Job Description Summary
CCC is one of the largest providers of software solutions to insurance carriers, auto repair facilities, and car manufacturers across the country. We are hiring a Senior User Experience Designer to join our team in Downtown Chicago and assist in creating product designs for some of the biggest insurance companies and car manufacturers in the US. This role will utilize user-centered design principles to create high-quality user experiences across web, mobile, and desktop platforms.
You will join a passionate, creative group of UX Designers, Visual Designers, and Front-end Developers with an opportunity to create and drive adoption of new design processes, research techniques, and build leadership skills while contributing to both internal and client-facing projects across a wide range of verticals. The ideal candidate will be self-driven and possess strong creative and problem-solving skills with expertise in presenting ideas and solutions. Most importantly we are looking for fun and passionate people to join us and contribute to our growing team!
- Design a variety of web and mobile based experiences in a collaborative environment
- Create wireframes and interactive prototype designs
- Conduct usability testing, synthesize data and generate usability reports
- Possess excellent communication and collaboration skills, proactively working with other team members to achieve an optimal solution for our products
- Work closely with stakeholders in order to understand user goals and project requirements, and translate them into functional, clean, and simple to use designs
- Ensure clarity between functional design and development is met and provide clear design guidance to software engineers for implementation
- Maintain high quality and efficient turnaround of design work amidst competing requirements and potentially short deadlines
- Present visually so that information is easy to digest and understand
- Position reports to the UI/UX Manager
- MUST provide a link to an online portfolio with digital design work examples
- Bachelors’ degree in visual design, computer science, HCI/Human factors, or similar
- 5+ years’ work experience as a UX Designer/Researcher, Interaction Designer, Information Architect, or similar
- Experience with Axure, Sketch, Adobe XD or other related prototyping tools
- Experience planning, coordinating, conducting, and reporting usability studies and user research
- Ability to communicate your ideas and designs clearly and effectively
- Experience in Visual Design, Front End, or Copywriting skills is a plus
- Experience in data visualization is a plus
- Experience in monitoring application analytics for customer experience is a plus
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!