Senior UX Designer
Morningstar’s Individual Investor team is looking for a driven Senior User Experience Designer to join a small Chicago-based team in rapidly iterating and developing a new, user-focused product experience for investors. With an aggressive product release schedule, the opportunity will require an "above-and-beyond" mind-set and commitment from every team member to bring this important product to individual investors in 2018. Morningstar's unique culture values design and designers as part of our strategic foundation, alongside our technology and editorial/research peers. We expect a desire to dive deep and connect with data and editorial concepts and a passion for all things design visible in your work (or the work you currently direct).
For this role, we need someone who can bring ideas and challenge the team to find creative ways to connect with investors. We're seeking individuals who have a flexible and adaptive attitude—you enjoy learning, solving problems, and can empathize with the needs of individuals. You must be committed to finding a path to success - we’re a driven team and expect you to bring that same level of focus and commitment.
Some other things we'll need from you in this role…
- Help define user journeys, interaction models and user experience for a new product.
- Create and present UX concepts and behaviors using methods appropriate to the context (e.g. paper sketches, whiteboarding, wireframes, task/workflows, prototypes, etc.).
- Participate in user-centered research with customers through focus groups, usage analysis, rapid prototyping and facilitation of co-creation activities.
- Communicate cross channel user experience solutions to stakeholders in product development, marketing, and research through prototypes, detailed specifications, and similar types of communication documents.
- Be an obsessive advocate for user-centered research and for a ‘design thinking’ approach to creative problem solving.
- Use data and experimentation in the design process to deliver on intended outcomes.
- Thrive in an agile work environment, including the ability to embrace iterative product development while maintaining a cohesive and holistic view of the overall design experience.
- Be curious about new technology and pushing experiences to be current and modern.
- Be able to write and present effectively; you’ll need to guide and persuade many opinions.
- Have a bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
Morningstar is an Equal Opportunity Employer