Senior UX Designer
We are currently looking for an experienced User Experience Designer, who has a passion for discovering the “why” people do what they do. Good candidates will be able to design and communicate elegant solutions that balance business and user goals, while being a practitioner across multiple disciplines within User Experience. Our UX Designers take business opportunities and transform them into award-worthy, seamless user experiences that take place across multiple contexts.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams including visual designers, developers, strategists, project managers, and clients throughout an agile design and development process
- Research: Apply human-centered design methodology to understand users in order to design appropriate solutions, including stakeholder interviews, competitive research, design explorations, concept and usability testing, etc.
- Experience Documentation: Create site maps, process flows, story boards, personas, user journeys, wireframes, prototypes, content inventories, etc.
- Design: Design easy to use solutions that solve complex UX problems in order to achieve business goals.
- Presentation and Communication: Clearly articulate your design intent through documentation and presentation, to both internal and external teams. Produce attractive deliverables that support your design story.
- Facilitation: Facilitate brainstorming sessions, design workshops, and stakeholder interviews to elicit business requirements from our clients, addressing product, brand, marketing, content and overall user experience
- Build Relationships: Build strong relationships with peers in visual design, project management, development, clients, and other partners
- Contribute to the Community: Participate in improvement of UI/UX processes, deliverables and standards. Stay abreast of innovations in UX best practices, tools and topics of interest to the UI/UX community and help to infuse them back into the organization. Contribute to our culture and atmosphere, quality of work and growth into the next generation of UX Design.
A Perfect Candidate Will Have:
- 3+ years in a UX role with experience with user-centered design methodology and at least 1-2 years of mobile and/or application design
- Strong understanding of interactive experiences, information architecture, human-centered design and visual design principles
- Proven record in developing creative, innovative user experiences, and a portfolio showcasing the process and artifacts along the way
- Proficiency with design and presentation software such as: Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and staff to achieve desired outcomes and build strong relationships
- Deep curiosity and love of learning that drives staying up-to-speed on interaction design trends, tools and patterns
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, and solve problems proactively
- Organizational skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously is a must (consulting/agency experience is a plus)
Here at HS2, you have the freedom to influence your own career path. We give our team members not only state-of-the-art facilities to design digital experiences for some of the greatest brands in the world, but people love working here. And we love having them!
- Catered meals and stocked refrigerators to accompany Beer O’Clock Fridays. (Yes, we do have Craft Beer!)
- The opportunity to work side-by-side with smart, passionate team members and to be paired with a Mentor and Career Coach to help you reach your personal and professional development goals!
- Amazing, holiday parties and frequent team activities, get-togethers, shindigs, and powwows, including an annual Hackathon!
- Opportunities to regularly participate in community volunteer events and our charitable contribution program
- Customizable workstations with sophisticated technology. Sit or stand, take your pick!
- The option to work in either one of our fresh locations in Wheaton or Chicago-Ravenswood with the option to work some days from home