Senior Product Designer
Rocket Travel, Inc., a subsidiary of Booking Holdings, is looking for an experienced product designer to join our team and lead the end-to-end digital design process. You should have several years of experience doing product design work at a fast-paced technology company. Here, you’ll be the most senior product designer, working directly with Product Owners, engineers, our head of product and leading our small product design team. A typical day might involve launching a brand new landing page A/B test, prototyping a new mobile feature, designing and building a component library, prioritizing competing feature work and mentorship of other designers.
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Product Designer on a path to take on a whole lot more — such as owning the process itself, defining and growing our brand, pairing with frontend developers, getting exposure to the commercial side of the business, and/or getting some product management experience. We’re looking for an ambitious team-player who wants to do more than just push pixels in Sketch.
We think the ideal candidate:
- Understands the function of design within a data and results-driven environment
- Is deeply empathetic towards our users, partners, business goals, and tech
- Is super organized and comfortable working cross-functionally, switching contexts throughout the day
- Is entrepreneurial and able to work independently and take ownership
- Likes to travel and learn new things, and is generally curious about the world
We look forward to reviewing:
- A thoughtful cover letter about your interest in the role
- Your resume
- Your work (we like to see live, real-world finished products, but a portfolio is okay too)
An additional writing sample that showcases your ability to communicate (it can be an essay, a narrative, a work of research, a user story, a feature spec — anything that highlights your writing!)