Senior Product Designer (UX & UI)
Who We Are
At Shiftgig we’re building new and exciting technology that transforms the way people work with choice and flexibility. We connect businesses with an on-demand workforce with our insight-driven mobile platform and web tools. We’re passionate about empowering workers while delivering agility and scalability to businesses.
We’re looking for someone with a lot of vision and previous design experience that can own big product initiatives. You’ll lead every step of the process for designing Shiftgig products - researching the best possible solutions, creating user flows, designing mockups, and creating prototypes. If you’re a big product thinker with the desire to help simplify the complex world of hourly on-demand work then you’d be a great fit on our team!
What You'll Do
Help instill a design culture in the company as a whole and develop our growing design practice to guide internal teams to support high quality and consistently designed experiences
Work directly with a small cross-functional product team to create useful and holistic solutions that consider the entire customer experience
Create concepts that push the thinking and establish tangible future possibilities of a product, including looking for new opportunities
Partner with product managers and engineers to actively oversee the user experience of product capabilities from scope definition until launch
Facilitate collaboration through design workshops and design thinking practices
Perform the entire process of user research from planning to creating a synthesized findings report
Work collaboratively with product teams to deliver design guidance on usability best practices, interaction patterns, copy, elements, components, iconography, illustrations, text layouts, and other visual elements that are both best in class and technically achievable
What You'll Need
- At least 4 years of experience working with digital products
- Past experience in conducting, or at least participating in, user research
- Ability to tell compelling stories about your intentional design decisions
- A professional portfolio of product-focused design work demonstrating the thoughtfulness of your process and the breadth of your skills
- Be a self-starter and willing to proactively look for opportunities to grow our small design practice
- A Bachelor’s degree in interaction design, HCI or related UX degree is ideal
- Experience with SaaS or marketplace software is a plus
- Medical/Rx – Enroll or waive coverage, three plan options
- HRA – Health Reimbursement Account
- Vision Care
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Parking and Transportation
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- 401(K) Retirement Plan
Shiftgig Core Values
We commit to solving difficult worker engagement problems by building the most innovative solution with thoughtfulness and passion.
- Committed: Together, we commit to working hard, working smart, delivering on our promises, and finding the best solution with the best information we have at the time.
- Innovative: We delight in learning and experimenting to understand what’s needed to succeed in a dynamic labor economy.
- Thoughtfulness: Once we know what our users need, we develop evidence-based solutions from equal parts analysis and empathy
- Passion: We have hard problems to solve; it takes determination to solve them. We hold our ourselves, our team, customers, workers, and product to high standards.
Shiftgig is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.