Senior Consultant - CX Strategy - User Experience
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is hiring a Senior Consultant to join our growing Customer Experience Practice in our Chicago Office.
This is a hands-on UX Design role. In addition, as a member of our Customer Experience team, you will assist in the development of customer experience strategies and digital offerings (i.e. websites, internal applications, mobile apps, etc.) You will develop user and customer research to create customer personas, map the “customer journey” as it pertains to the customer’s interactions with the business, create strategy roadmaps with prioritized initiatives for an improved future state and create financial models and business cases. You will also participate in requirements gathering (i.e. work with various groups within a business to gather and document the business, functional, and technical specifications of the future state digital application), create User Experience prototypes (i.e. wireframes, information architecture, interactive prototypes) and conduct user acceptance testing.
Our project generally range in size from 3-10 consultants, and usually last 2-6 months.
Senior Consultants at West Monroe Partners have three main areas of responsibility:
· Understand client industry and business benefit, impact and value of project to clients
· Plan, track and drive engagements for on-time, on budget delivery
· Manage scope, risks and issues and client escalations, responding quickly to client concerns
· Communicate and report project status to client executives, including time, budget, risks, issues, etc.
· Analyze client's specific needs/requests to determine the underlying problems and recommend appropriate solutions
· Experience working within a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-based project environment
· Ability to lead and mentor other team members or developers while leading projects
· On larger engagements, be able to work with larger management teams and identifying and managing inter-dependencies between the WMP project and other initiatives
· Identify strengths and development opportunities within the practice and wider organization
· Actively participate in the performance expectation and review processes
· Participate actively in the recruiting process for other consultants
· Participate in the recruiting process, continuing to grow a strong team with complementary skills
· Participate in the development/enhancement of WMP’s methodologies and approaches to client delivery
· Coach other consultants and actively participate in the performance expectation process
· Participate in business development meetings with prospective clients
· Understand business needs and banking industry trends and help turn these into qualified opportunities, detailed proposals and projects
· Participate in creating work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospective projects
· Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
· Attend networking events and business related social events
We need someone who can bring the following to the table:
· Bachelor’s degree required (Design majors preferred)
· 3-6 years of experience in user experience design
· Some research experience is a plus
· Minimum 1 year of experience managing projects
· Able to efficiently manage multiple tasks and contribute in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
· Problem-solvers with natural innovative and analytical skills
· Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with and present to C-level executives
· Upbeat, friendly, motivated and positive team builders
· Desire to participate in business development and manage client relationships
· Strong drive to go above and beyond to drive client, company and personal success
· Strong analytical, problem solving, and quality experience
· Ability to travel as required for client or internal engagements (up to 50%, Mondays-Thursdays)
· Candidates must be eligible to work in the Unites States without limitation.