Design is central to how we communicate, plan and build product at Reverb. From defining product vision to working alongside product managers and engineers bringing ideas to life, designers play a central role in Reverb’s success. If you want to work with a talented, nimble team in an environment that values creativity, autonomy, and user experience, you'll be right at home here.
You believe deeply that design is not just how something looks, but also fundamentally how it works. You are passionate about creating engaging & intuitive user experiences, and you have a portfolio of work that speaks for itself. You thrive in an environment that encourages talking directly to users, taking initiative, owning the product, and collaborating with the talented folks all around you. You have challenged yourself to learn about frontend technologies (even if you don’t use them on a daily basis). You’re excited to join a small team and have a big impact at a high-growth company.
- Utilize interaction design, UI design and implementation skills to create outstanding experiences that bring joy and satisfaction to users.
- Define the vision for the evolution of features, so we know what we are iterating toward.
- Rapidly prototype ideas in order to learn from users and build what works best.
- Bring your ideas to life by writing HTML and SCSS.
- Champion excellence in our products by using and proactively improving them.
- Give and seek out feedback from other designers to continuously improve Reverb and your work.
- At least 3 years experience handling product design work from initial concept to production-ready code.
- The ability to clearly articulate your design decisions to stakeholders.
- Desire to actively listen to and empathize with users.
- Experience working within a design system, building componentized products.
- The ability to quickly test and iterate on your designs based on feedback from users and stakeholders.
- Familiarity with React and/or Rails
- Experience running usability tests on your designs and/or doing research to discover customer needs.
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary and stock options in an early stage company.
- An incredible office location in an exposed brick loft with lots of light, close to the Paulina brown line.
- Health insurance.
- 401k with 4% match.
- Flexible vacation and sick days.
- Discounts on music gear.