Product Designer - Remote
Who you are:
- A fierce advocate for continuous improvement by applying the latest design thinking and principles to solve complex user needs.
- An independent thinker and self-starter who proactively seeks out new opportunities with a commitment to the highest quality.
- A humble facilitator who collaborates and seeks feedback from a diverse, cross-functional team of developers, product owners, business analysts, and product team leaders.
- Passionate about maintaining and contributing to a comprehensive design system that is the foundation of a cohesive customer experience.
- Energized by understanding our user's unmet needs through the proficient application of user interviews, taxonomy, journey mapping, and rapid prototyping.
- Is opportunistic when bringing creativity and fresh thinking to their work as it evolves in the software development lifecycle.
How we work:
- Curiosity and candor; the quality of the idea wins the day
- Casual, focused, and agile environment operating under our shared principles
- Customers at the center of everything we do
- Small, mission-focused squads with an entrepreneurial spirit backed by enterprise investments
- Consistent routines across stakeholders to ensure complete transparency
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and customers
What we offer:
- A compelling mission to elevate payroll and human resources across the backroom and into the boardroom
- Focus on helping our customers automate manual processes, appeal to the modern workforce, and glean insights from analytics
- Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our customers at the center of everything we do
- A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
- Ample opportunity and encouragement to stay current with external training
- A phenomenal talent anywhere culture, where employees can work remotely anywhere in the US and/or work from one of three U.S. offices located in Illinois, Florida and Idaho
- Bachelor's degree in design, Human Computer Interaction, technology or related field or equivalent experience
- Must have at least 5 years of experience using design system patterns to create engaging, multi-platform user experiences; experience creating experiences at an enterprise level organization preferred
- Has a solid understanding of front end development (HTML/CSS)
- Advanced in common creative tools such as: Sketch, InVision and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Competent in one or more of the following areas: User Research, Product Design, or UI Development
- Familiarity with working in an agile software development environment working on/with cross-functional teams to deliver a product user experience
- Demonstrated ability to deliver and iterate on valuable user experiences
- Able to effectively communicate design thinking and product strategy with the team and stakeholders that deliver upon business outcomes
- Can confidently balance many projects at one time while delivering valuable user experiences
During the last three months, you would have:
- Turned broad, conceptual ideas into elegant design solutions centered on our users' success and happiness at completing their jobs.
- Collaborated with Product Owner(s) to develop a basic understanding of the user needs
- Contributed to high-level, strategic conversations across a category with product and executive teams
- Offered and solicited feedback from team members to continually better the design practice
- Identified and applied best practices to common design problems
- Instilled an unwavering commitment to quality in all projects from conception to launch
- Partnered with development and engineering to ensure excellent communication and execution of every project
- Shipped a product, learned from it, and iterated
- Lived our culture and principles and followed standards in executional and operational excellence
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2014, 2017, 2018
- Glassdoor Highest Rated CEO's 2014, 2017
- CIO Applications Top 25 HR Technology Solution Providers 2017
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 2013-2017
- DC Digital Top Work Places 2016-2017
- 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in Chicago 2008-2017
- Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago 2012-2017
- Best Places to Work Idaho 2017
- Best Places to Work Orlando Business Journal 2016-2017
- Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation 2014, 2017