Product Designer [Contract]
PEAK6 is a leading investment firm headquartered in Chicago. More than 20 years ago, we were one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology in our trading business. Today, we leverage our technical ingenuity and operational ability across a number of investment areas, spanning early- to mid-stage growth capital, operational control, trading, and sports management, with an eye toward providing value to the customer. Over the years, we have built and operated several leading financial technology firms including OptionsHouse (sold to General Atlantic in 2014), and today our team includes a digital wealth clearinghouse, an outsource provider of flood insurance, a Premier League soccer team, a value investment arm, an incubation lab, and more.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Creating a unique look and feel that supports our brand identity.
- Work closely with our full-stack development team and other current stakeholders
- Design refined view layouts, graphical elements, and high-fidelity prototypes from wireframes and product specifications.
- Assist in maintaining the current style guide and identify new or updated elements that will be included in future guides.
- Confidently present your work or the work of your team to internal and external stakeholders.
- Partner with the Quality Assurance group and be responsible for user acceptance testing of any new features/design changes.
- Give and receive constructive criticism and critique with a focus on improving quality.
- Research and share industry trends, competitors, and comparable experiences.
- Translate requirements
- Plan information architecture. You will study the product concept, strategy, and target audience and help create architectural schemes and information structures and features to help create a streamlined user journey.
- Proficiency with Adobe creative suites, various wireframe and prototype solutions (Axure, Sketch, InVison).
- Work with development team to ensure UX has been translated properly
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch.
- Experience producing pixel-perfect, production-ready assets.
- Mobile/iOS/Android UI-design experience.
- Results-driven and able to meet pressing deadlines.
- Experience with A/B testing implementation is a plus.
- Experience in Finance/Trading industry is a plus