Manager, Product Design
The Experience Organization at ServiceNow is growing rapidly and we are hiring across our many offices across the US. For the Manager of Product Design we are specifically looking to fill the role in our offices Pleasanton, CA; Santa Clara, CA; and San Diego, CA.
We are looking for a Manager of Product Design with the passion to solve complex business problems through design thinking, and who consistently strives for continuous betterment of their work. As a designer, visionary and systems-level design thinker, you will provide leadership to a team of designers and direction for a portfolio of products. You will collaborate with other UX, Product and Engineering teams to create holistic and compelling experiences for our customers.
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are always looking for passionate individuals to lead the user research, prototyping, or experience design activities for a portfolio of customer solutions. You will be part of the growing world-class Design Experience Organization (DEO). DEO creates new and compelling experiences for ServiceNow – enabling people around the world to get more done, faster than ever before! Find out more about us at: http://deo.servicenow.com
What we expect you to achieve in this role:
- Recognized as owner and leader in a few management domains
- Effectively mentors and nurtures all subordinates, while directly managing 3-5 designers
- Considers team dynamics when executing design decisions
- Ensures high levels of productivity and quality work
- Leads Senior Design Staff to align design efforts
- Interfaces with key product team stakeholders to ensure projects are successful
- Leads/runs design discussions
- Coordinates design resources for projects
- Proactively anticipates and removes roadblocks
- Uncovers and effectively resolves personnel issues
- Consistently sets entire design team up for success
- Regularly mentors and inspires the team
- Establishes and enforces team processes and programs to improve effectiveness and productivity.
- Manages hiring efforts and successful growth of the design team
- Evangelizes design thinking and acts as a political shield for the design team
- Is seen as a thought leader within the company
What you get to do in this role:
- Make a positive impact in the lives of millions by defining the user experience at ServiceNow!
- This role will have a heavy focus on new and upcoming solutions that will revolutionize workplace collaboration and productivity all over the world.
- Work collaboratively inside a cross-functional team, effectively integrating your design expertise inside a truly agile environment, launching radical new solutions in rapid succession to solve long-standing challenges. Your team will be your first customers - we ‘eat our own dog food’!
- Working closely with product management and engineering, provide your interaction design perspective to help in ensuring a unified and cohesive experience across the ServiceNow ecosystem.
- Conduct user needs assessment, task analysis, and develop user profiles; identify key tasks for user research, competitive analysis, user testing, and develop usability plans.
- Develop high-level task flow content and then use storyboards and other design documents to communicate concepts and vision to others.
- Rapidly iterate theoretical task scenarios, navigation map, flow, and state-transition diagrams to document design decisions.
- Develop UI layouts including controls, labels and graphical elements for software on both mobile and desktop platforms with an eye towards experience unification.
- Participate in documentation development processes such as user experience specifications, testing and evaluation.
- Work closely with product management in UX ideation and innovation.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Enterprise product design experience in one of the following verticals:
- IT, Security Operations, Customer Service Management, Human Resources, Performance Analytics, or Consumer Brands
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) in visual design, interaction design, human interaction sociology, psychology, or related disciplines.
- A recent portfolio is required to apply
- At least 8 years of visual and interaction design, with 5 years of Experience Design or equivalent.
- At least 3+ years of experience managing design teams
- Deep understanding of iOS and Android UI conventions, including the HIG and material design.
- Expert with Sketch, Photoshop, or other design tools.
- Ability to do rapid prototyping in Axure, Keynote, Framer, Principle or similar tools.
- Ability to understand and distill complex problems into clean solutions.
- Must have strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Must have excellent teamwork, communication, and technical problem-solving skills to contribute within a multi-functional and multi-disciplined team.
- Obsessed with the relentless pursuit of UX perfection working inside an iterative and agile development environment.
- Irritated when encountering pull door handles that can only be pushed inward.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision in a fluid, fast-paced and truly agile environment.
- Expected to demonstrate a high level of initiative, good sense of humor, and a “make it work” ethos.
- Knowledge of web design technologies (HTML, CSS)
- Experience working in an agile or incremental manner
- Experience with Git
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and an exciting, start-up atmosphere. We are a collaborative and merit driven team, where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers while working with advanced technology and a talented development team, come join us!