Manager, Product Design
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Grubhub Design is looking for a talented Manager of Product Design to join our team. You will lead a team of world-class designers with a passion for bringing hungry bellies together with local restaurants. You will be joining a growing team of design leaders that will not only shape our products but our people and the way we design and build at Grubhub.
We believe design is a part of every product decision and has the ability to have a true impact; for our customers & the business. Our design team is close-knit and highly collaborative – combining research, data and critique to inform design decisions that impact and shape products into highly usable and successful experiences. As a Product Design Manager at Grubhub you will guide teams through complex problem spaces and ensure we’re solving the right problems with effective and elegant solutions. You’ll coach, mentor and encourage designers at Grubhub – helping the folks on the team to deliver their best work and have fun doing it. You are super detail oriented, organized and know how to keep a team moving at pace. Your communication skills are strong and you are able to facilitate and mobilize cross-functional efforts. You have a passion for shipping great design work and your enthusiasm for the work you do gets others around you excited and motivated to deliver.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Lead a team of designers, setting clear goals, managing workload and allocating designers accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met and setting team members up for overall success.
- Frame user-centered problems and business needs in a way that teams can respond to.
- Advocate for our internal users in high-level strategic decisions with business, product, engineering, and members of the Design team.
- Guide teams in the practice of turning nebulous concepts to specific ideas into useful, delightful product features.
- Draw insights from the work of our talented research team and know how to turn those insights into tangible solutions.
- Partner with product, engineers, and the members of the Design and Research teams to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch.
You Should Have
- At least 8 years of practical, in-house product or UX design experience for either consumer or B2B brands with a focus on complex flows and use cases
- Minimum 2 years of industry experience in a people management role on a Design team
- An acute self-awareness and deep empathy - for both the customer and your team’s goals
- A mature, evolutionary perspective on technology, product, and design practices
- Applied experience with service design practices and a practice of constantly evolving your design process
- An appetite (and the skill) for working across all digital and physical manifestations of what we design
- A passion for mentoring executives, product managers, and engineers to deliver user-centered solutions
- Excellent communication and data visualization skills. You can bring internal stakeholders on your design journey and support your decisions with focus and brevity
- A deep curiosity and ability to consider product strategy and vision. You don’t just care about “how it looks,” or “what we should design,” but “why are we designing this at all?”
***Submissions without a portfolio that includes examples of your design work will not be considered.***
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.