Lead Product Designer
At ShopRunner, our mission is to help retailers thrive by sparking and deepening connections between shoppers and the brands they love.
Our 4.4M members receive exclusive benefits such as free 2-day shipping, free returns, 2-click checkout and special promotions across our network of 130+ retailers. Our retailers enjoy the power of cross-retailer network effects in the form of new customers and increased purchase frequency.
With people in offices in Chicago and Conshohocken, PA, we’re perpetrators of good vibes and great experiences for our customers, our merchants and each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a seasoned product designer with deep visual design skills to lead the concepting and refinement of our digital products into next generation ecommerce. You will collaborate across disciplines and lead design efforts to develop user journeys and visual stories from design research, brand direction and market analysis, then create prototypes across varying levels of fidelity to help the team determine design direction for projects. You will be responsible for ensuring the quality of final output.
ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Ideate and prototype approaches in both brand and product design to define what ShopRunner can be for our shopper members and our retailers
- Clarify and articulate design principles in a variety of modes spanning written documents, interactive presentations, collaborative workshops and functional prototypes
- Communicate with excellence across all mediums, set the standard for refined work and thoughtful discussion in every engagement
- Champion the impact of design to develop our design culture
- Balance work across a variety of projects that integrate digital, graphic and product design
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers and analysts to define, refine and evolve how our products work for our customers
- Be the voice of our customers, deeply understanding the problems we are solving for our customers and how well our solutions meet those needs
- Implement common, responsive and consistent experiences, patterns, frameworks and style guides across the ShopRunner properties
- Collaborate with design and product leadership to develop and maintain design systems
ABOUT WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- An obsession with customer research, psychology and behavior
- Ability to audit and develop compelling user experiences
- In-depth knowledge of how to represent and communicate the customer journey (personas, jobs to be done, user scenarios/stories, storyboards/sketches, process maps, wireframes, etc.)
- Track record of prototyping and launching impactful v1 products from concept to delivery
- Application of lean/agile product development methodologies -- identifying value, defining hypotheses and measuring experiments
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with peers and senior management
- Deep knowledge of responsive techniques and the device landscape
- Entrepreneurial mindset and bias toward action
- 5+ years of experience as a visual or interaction designer
- A Bachelor’s degree in interaction design, HCI or related UX degree is ideal
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.