Global Instructional Designer
Are you the sort of person who loves to help others grow in their roles in a self-managed environment?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
We are looking for a professional, creative and articulate Instructional Designer who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The ideal person will excel in the effective transfer of training into performance results. As an instructional designer, you will be responsible for crafting and developing high quality training content for technical and non-technical learning programs. The goal of all programs designed will be to deliver an exceptional learning experience and drive a positive, lasting business impact.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
● Develop highly engaging and interactive training materials, and deliver engaging presentations to business leaders.
● You will apply advanced adult learning theories into a practical, application-based training strategy.
● Design training utilizing e-learning, game-based learning and other delivery methods that will support the acceleration of learning as measured by business performance.
● Utilize project management tools and skills to lead medium-to-large scale content development projects.
● Collaborate with servicing teams, subject matter experts (SMEs), and managers across support teams to provide consulting to effectively develop training content.
● You will coach and mentor junior designers in use of tools and instructional design methodologies.
● Contribute to the development and implementation of new learning models and content design templates.
● 2+ years of instructional design experience, preferably in development of sales and/or service training for contact operation centers is a must
● Experience with technical customer service organizations
● Strong proficiency in Captivate is required (any version), as well as other industry standard design software (Adobe Creative Suite, Articulate - v9 or higher)
● Ability to apply concepts, techniques and theory of other disciplines to instructional design assessment strategies
● Proven e-learning Design and Development experience and experience designing, developing and delivering emerging learning solutions. This will include game-based learning, simulations and immersive scenarios requiring multiple branching elements and hands on experience in the design and development of blended learning solutions
● Demonstrated ability to manage programs while working cross-functionally with multiple teams and partners
● You will gather requirements from cross-functional partners to create and innovate multiple concurrent medium-to-large learning projects
● Proficient in G-Suite and/or Microsoft Office
● Degree or certification in Performance Technology, Instructional Design, Adult Learning or Teaching is strongly desired
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our employee resource groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.